Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New allotments in Clonsilla.

Options
  • 13-03-2009 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭

There are new allotments opening in Beechpark grounds in Clonsilla on 21st March. Priced from 285 euros. Ring Nick on 0862182370 for more details.:)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Should have said check it out on Allotments.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 2,749 ✭✭✭tony 2 tone

Thanks for that! :) Always thought the area could do with allotments. Will check it out.

Im sure people could club money together to rent one if you couldnt afford one on your own.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Sounds great.

Where is Beechpark?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

amdublin wrote: »
    Sounds great.

Where is Beechpark?

Directions here
    http://www.allotments.ie/?p=292

• Advertisement

Thanks for that! :) Always thought the area could do with allotments. Will check it out.
    I think it would appeal to apartment owners who have no gardens. I hope loads of people turn up next saturday and make it a success. I will be there bright and early and look forward to meeting like minded people.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,194 ✭✭✭Murt10

From the site

On-site car parking, just over the Railway tracks at Clonsilla,
    Charges: From €285 per year

Looks like a good place to park the car when going to work. A lot cheaper than Coolmine. Get 2/3 like minded souls to spread the cost even more.

Certainly beats parking on that rough ground beside the canal at Clonsilla- wrecks the car driving up on the kerb and the potholes.

Murt

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

I am sure there would be a very dim view of people using the alloments for parking on
    instead of growning plants.

Murt10 wrote: »
    From the site

On-site car parking, just over the Railway tracks at Clonsilla,
    Charges: From €285 per year

Looks like a good place to park the car when going to work. A lot cheaper than Coolmine. Get 2/3 like minded souls to spread the cost even more.

Certainly beats parking on that rough ground beside the canal at Clonsilla- wrecks the car driving up on the kerb and the potholes.

Murt
    Dont EVEN think about doing that!:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭muppet01

I think it would appeal to apartment owners who have no gardens. I hope loads of people turn up next saturday and make it a success. I will be there bright and early and look forward to meeting like minded people.:)

Hi,
    Would the allotments be suitable for developing a garden also?.I mean in conjunction with growing veg etc.I would be very interested if could use for a bbq area on a nice summers day. My partner is polish and they have similar system over there.When i say bbq area i mean for the two of us,not a gang of people with two burgers and 5 slabs of beer!!!!
    Either way it sounds like a great idea and hope to pop over on sat

Thanks

• Advertisement

Its a possibility. I know some of them down in Cork have communal bbq areas and even playgrounds for children. Also on site tea/coffee shops. It would be at the owners discretion more than likely. I dont know if alchohol would be allowed! Just on a side note,Fingal county council will be taking charge of the walled garden in Beech Park and it will be open to the public then. I would be concerned about the security of the allottments at that stage. Will they be fenced off properly from the general public? I dont want all me spud and cabbages being nicked:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,540 ✭✭✭tenandtracer

Will they be fenced off properly from the general public? I dont want all me spud and cabbages being nicked:D.

I'll be putting up a scarecrow and also posters of Brian Cowen/Lenihan to scare off people!:D

I'll be putting up a scarecrow and also posters of Brian Cowen/Lenihan to scare off people!:D
    lol:D

Spent a couple of hours on the allotment today and it felt GOOD. Getting all sweaty and hot planting spuds and onions! There was a community feel about it even though we are small in numbers at the moment. Tomorrow I am bringing my seating so I can sit down with my comrades and have a glass of wine to celebrate the dawn of the celtic tiger gardeners.! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,084 ✭✭✭Barname

Spent a couple of hours on the allotment today and it felt GOOD. Getting all sweaty and hot planting spuds and onions! There was a community feel about it even though we are small in numbers at the moment. Tomorrow I am bringing my seating so I can sit down with my comrades and have a glass of wine to celebrate the dawn of the celtic tiger gardeners.! :D

well done, congrats.

i would urge anyone who would love to give this a go to come along and try! Its the BIG thing to be in now!:) Dont worry if you have never grown a bean, just ask and someone on the plot wll tell you what to do.

Barname wrote: »
    well done, congrats.
    Aw shucks. Red with embarrasment:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,555 ✭✭✭Wook

what allotment are you on? our family has rented one jjst recently for the year and we will be starting soon.
    No clue however , learning as we go along :)

Had a look around there today. Should be getting one in the next couple of days. :) Can't wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,164 ✭✭✭cavedave

On a slightly related note anyone want any topsoil in Dublin 15? I am putting in paving so i have spare topsoil if anyone wants it. I can deliver it to anywhere in the Dublin 15 area.

• Advertisement

cavedave wrote: »
    On a slightly related note anyone want any topsoil in Dublin 15? I am putting in paving so i have spare topsoil if anyone wants it. I can deliver it to anywhere in the Dublin 15 area.
    There is a guy in the Gardening forum looking for a load of topsoil. Why not check him out?:)

Just an update. 180 allotments at 300-400 a go have been sold in a month! :)

Its a possibility. I know some of them down in Cork have communal bbq areas and even playgrounds for children. Also on site tea/coffee shops. It would be at the owners discretion more than likely. I dont know if alchohol would be allowed! Just on a side note,Fingal county council will be taking charge of the walled garden in Beech Park and it will be open to the public then. I would be concerned about the security of the allottments at that stage. Will they be fenced off properly from the general public? I dont want all me spud and cabbages being nicked:D.

Saw a few kids after coming in from the council land and walking up towards the train station on the allotment road. If any one goes near me veg I'll use them for fertiliser!

How many on boards have gotten allotments?

A few kids have come in thinking its the entrance to the playground. They think the allotments are part of the park/playground. I think a private property sign is in order,or even to state only allotment holders allowed. Theres been a lot of people coming in and just walking around lately........

Is there still allotments left?
    i'm very interested.
    Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

My dad bought one of the last allotments available today :D

Theres 3 left, 1 is 60 m sq,1 is 75 m sq, and the other is 90 metres sq but its in the shade and its not marked off.;)
    EDIT: none left now,owner was talking about the field that faces west of the allotments for more of them the squashed in ones aren't bad,they get blocked sunlight for about an hour,except one thats blocked for a good while.

tbh,they have squashed in extra ones but I woudnt touch them,the price they want and the aspect of them.

Try ringing the guy looking after the allotments, there are a few that are still empty. You might be lucky, some one may have changed their mind.

• Advertisement

Yeah theres a few neglected looking ones. did you get your newsletter then too?

Advertisement