Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

how to do a "Thanks From" to a post

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Spear wrote: »
    Did you just attempt to thank my post there? There's a blank thanks appearing. There is a limit of 10 thanks in a 24 hour period, could you possibly be hitting that limit?

I can see your thanks on that post though. The other alternative is that you're trying to thank a deleted post. If that's not the case, then you should raise a bug entry in site development and get your account permissions checked

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=228

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 Waste0fSpace

that was really buggin me! Thanks!:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,304 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

SuiteCheex wrote: »
    I feel like a CoD pariah by doing this, but I'm just sticking in a quick post to get me closer to the ol thumbs up privileges.:o

Spamming to boost post count just gets the posts removed.

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭SuiteCheex

Spear wrote: »
    Spamming to boost post count just gets the posts removed.

Apologies Spear, I'm new to this forums gig. I shall endeavour to stick to the charter in future.

Out of curiousity, what's the reasoning behind making people wait to get a thanks button?

Does this not just unintentionally promote spamming? (though that said, when I joined up I didn't care about the feature at all).

• Advertisement

Out of curiousity, what's the reasoning behind making people wait to get a thanks button?

Does this not just unintentionally promote spamming? (though that said, when I joined up I didn't care about the feature at all).

It avoids sock puppeting if people attempt to make accounts to thank posts to give the false appearance of support. It also conveys the point that contribution is rewarded. It's only 10 posts anyway, it'll only take a single threads worth of exchange to meet that.

It's slightly different in the case of sigs where they're normally the target of spammers or shills.

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭bootser

biko wrote: »
    You have to have more than 10 posts to get the post_thanks.gif option.
    still a bit short on posts so THANKS:D

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 9,812 CMod ✭✭✭✭Shield

Drop into After Hours. You won't be long about find things to talk about in there!

Advertisement