Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

insurance problems with work placement

Options
  • 13-03-2009 1:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭

hi guys, i am trying to get some work experience done because i need it to gain entry to a postgrad course i want to do.
    unfortunately everyone is telling me i can only get their placements if i have a college to accept the liability and insure me.
    the course i am doing in college at the moment is Linguistics and Archaeology and neither of them involve work placements or anything so do you think it is likely that the college would insure me even though its not exactly part of my degree?????
    does anyone know who i should contact??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

Get specific advance as to what kind of insurance you need; then contact the insurance company of your choice and explain, and get a quote.

Then get two more from other companies and haggle with all of 'em, then go with the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,246 ✭✭✭✭Riamfada

You will be able to get archaeology work placement in the summer. PM me for details.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

Grimes wrote: »
    You will be able to get archaeology work placement in the summer. PM me for details.

thanks for that, but it isnt archaeology i want to work with, its regarding my other subject

• Registered Users Posts: 1,258 ✭✭✭Walls

What's the other subject, can I ask?

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭moretothegirl

Walls wrote: »
    What's the other subject, can I ask?

Linguistics

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7 SneldonBBT

Grimes wrote: »
    My sister is doing archaeology soon, I thought there would be no jobs at all. Sad to say my family and I hinted that to her :(

Advertisement