Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Rock & Metal Podcast for your listening pleasure

• 13-03-2009 1:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭

The good folks at Gigsmart have put together a compilation featuring some pretty good local rock and metal bands. It's free to download and you might be pleasantly surprised at the quality of the tunes so check it out.

http://www.gigsmartireland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=984

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Nice one doc

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Cheers. Hopefully someone will give it a listen. It'd be nice to think there are more than just American bands worth talking about here :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Nephilim Wolf

Doctor J wrote: »
    The good folks at Gigsmart have put together a compilation featuring some pretty good local rock and metal bands. It's free to download and you might be pleasantly surprised at the quality of the tunes so check it out.

I'm just curious as to what kind or rock and metal is on it.

Download it and listen then? :confused:

Featured are Mike Got Spiked, Rifle Fire Rifle, I Phoenix, Acrid Nebula, Remove the Oxygen, Matt Lane, El Hombre Jokes, The Linus Scheme,The Chapman Society, The World of Good

Cheers. Hopefully someone will give it a listen. It'd be nice to think there are more than just American bands worth talking about here :)

Yeah I know what you mean. I've resigned myself to the fact that there just isn't much discussion about homegrown bands around these parts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

"Meanwhile, in the sheraton,
    Doctor jeep plays on and on and on"

:D

Cheers for that, some good stuff there.

Cheers for listening :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

I enjoyed that. Would be great to hear some more chat though.

And a bit less astrology :D

Well, feel free to contribute to the next one, it's not a closed shop ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Many thanks to the good Doctor and of course everyone who downloaded and listened...we're in or around 100 downloads so thats not bad

Appreciate the feedback too, as Doc said we'd love to include as many people as possible so if anyone would like to contribute in any capacity thats cool...your more than welcome

Started gathering material for the second one....its going a bit slow but Im sure we'll get there, would really love to have more local bands contribute some mp3's so we could include em and get some discussion goin on them.

cheers again

Trev

Advertisement