Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rep of Ireland should be ready

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,859 ✭✭✭bmaxi

Wheely wrote: »
    Yeah, maybe you'll admit to some contexual differences tho? Bogside, UVF, systematic civil rights violations.......

NOT COMPARABLE!

Its bad enough people, we don't need hysterics to try and make out things are worse than they are. Gain some perspective.

You misunderstand, that's exactly the point I'm making. All it needs is for these groups to exist and a few straws to blow the wrong way in the wind. I wouldn't go so far as to describe myself as hysterical but I wouldn't be complacent either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 400 ✭✭Wheely

bmaxi wrote: »
    You misunderstand, that's exactly the point I'm making. All it needs is for these groups to exist and a few straws to blow the wrong way in the wind. I wouldn't go so far as to describe myself as hysterical but I wouldn't be complacent either.

No I dont misunderstand-we were not making the same point. Maybe my tone wasn't sarcastic enough-the "few contextual differences" i mentioned are not "straws in the wind" as you call them, but respectively, massive civil unrest, an armed and active paramilitary forces with substantial capabilities, massive structural discrimination and civil rights violations.

All it need is for these groups to exist? Well they always will in some shape or form so get used to it and stop seeing the rapture on the horizon every time they commit a crime, albeit a horrific one. And a few straws to blow the wrong way in the wind? Give me a break. Now and then are not comparable at all, the situation is hugely different and not just cos your straws are blowing the right way.

Damn right your not complacent. The phrase drama queen does spring to mind tho......

Advertisement