Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guest Passes to Red Orchestra

Options
  • 13-03-2009 3:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭

I've got 2 guest passes to Red Orchestra for Steam users. No idea if the game is any good (just downloading now) or how long they give you to play, but if you are interested post here or send a PM.

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

Its quite a difficult game. Like Battlefield only more realistic. Its unusual in that combat can take place long ranges.

Good overall but requires some getting use to and alot of paitence. You will die alot from 1 hit kills.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,985 ✭✭✭skelliser

il take one, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Yeah, I've given it a little twirl and it is damn difficult. I don't think I've managed to kill one person yet - well, ignoring an impressively large team kill - but have been picked off countless times from distance. The guys have been a speck on the horizon but still manage to get you.

skelliser, what's your Steam ID?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Wasnt Red Orchestra a mod for UT2007? If its what Im thinking of it was an unbelievably good WW2 mod. No crosshairs or anything just ironsights.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Yeah it was originally a mod for UT but now it's a standalone game for Steam. It's a pretty hard game to get into and be good but it's great fun when you get the hang of it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,245 ✭✭✭✭Fanny Cradock

Yes, you probably are thinking or Red Orchestra.

From first impressions, I have to say that the game looks like ****e and the sounds are appallingly bad. For instance, I was playing with and against the laughably bad bot players and so irritated was I by the racket made by one of the Russian machine guns I felt compelled to kill them all my team just to shut them up. I then proceeded to cut of their ears and fashion a charming ear necklace. OK, so I made the ear bit up, but the sound doesn't appear to be very dynamic, so it is difficult to pinpoint gunfire direction and gauge distance.

Anyway, my poo-pooing aside, I've not written it off yet. There is still a pass available if you like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,753 ✭✭✭fitz0

Id love to but Im afraid I wouldnt be able to play it much at all since I just got Europa Universalis 3. Thanks anyway. From what I recall RO was great fun. I wasnt terribly great at it but I suppose players have got better and better since I played it as an UT mod.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,324 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is there a boardsie friendly server about that I can inflict my particular brand of incompetence upon?

Advertisement