Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

5 for €2 Deals in The 2 Euro Shops

• 13-03-2009 3:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭

So.

I ambled on down to a Euro2 shop near my job last week, and noticed they have a 5 Bars for €2 deal going on.

At first I stuck to what I know. Five Dime bars for a couple of quid is a brilliant deal, that's 40c a bar.

I also noticed they had a few other bars for sale.

Specifically the Snickers Cruncher

snickerscruncher1.jpg

It's very nice, has no nougat in it, and has some Crisped Rice. Kind of like a Toffee Crisp with Peanuts I'd say.

They also have some chocolate bars called Dove, which would seem to be differently-packaged Galaxy bars, available in Normal, Caramel and Mint.

I picked up a couple of Normal ones, and a Caramel, all very nice.

You can mix and match the bars too, you don't have to buy five of the same kind.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,382 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

where is this particular €2 shop? have mentioned these deals before, they often have odd bars like that. I can only figure they buy them in from UK/EU wholesalers at lower prices. People presume there is some catch, e.g. out of date, but they are all well in date when I see them.

In dun laoghaire they have the slightly more expensive bars too still at 5 for €2, e.g. toblerone, terrys chocolate orange bar, bournville, -ones that can be usually a little more than mars/snickers/twix.

They also have limited editions like this one, I get the peanut butter kitkats, though they are readily available now.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭Archeron

5 double deckers for €2. On a weight to payment scale, you cant lose.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

There's an offer in Co-Op stores here of 5 Mars bars, Snickers or Crunchies for £1. Meanwhile, in Tesco, those 3 plus loads more are £1.45 for 5, but it's Buy 1 Get 1 Free. Win win situation!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,963 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

It is a good bargain tbh, saves you a couple of quid.!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

one near us regularly has 3 for €2 on 500ml bottles of 7up and pepsi.

And they keep them in a fridge ;) beats paying 1.50 for one in the newsagents opposite it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

calex71 wrote: »
    one near us regularly has 3 for €2 on 500ml bottles of 7up and pepsi.

And they keep them in a fridge ;) beats paying 1.50 for one in the newsagents opposite it :pac:

Yeah, but the Pepsi is made in Tblisi. :D

I buy them too, and read the label the other day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Des wrote: »
    Yeah, but the Pepsi is made in Tblisi. :D

I buy them too, and read the label the other day.

Georgian Pepsi eh, never checked the label , much have a look next time.
    Cant say it tasted different than our's though.

• Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

rubadub wrote: »
    where is this particular €2 shop? have mentioned these deals before, they often have odd bars like that. I can only figure they buy them in from UK/EU wholesalers at lower prices. People presume there is some catch, e.g. out of date, but they are all well in date when I see them.

In dun laoghaire they have the slightly more expensive bars too still at 5 for €2, e.g. toblerone, terrys chocolate orange bar, bournville, -ones that can be usually a little more than mars/snickers/twix.

They also have limited editions like this one, I get the peanut butter kitkats, though they are readily available now.

The €2 shops on North Earl St, Abbey St (near Wynn's Hotel) and Moore St do this deal with Aero, Chunky Kit Kat, Toffee Crisp, Double Decker amongst others.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,686 ✭✭✭EdgarAllenPoo

I did notice a difference in taste with the pepsi, it may have been my imagination but some of the chocolate (kitkat etc) did taste different to the ones you'd buy in other shops.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

iv often seen the large range of bars in the €2 shop and i imagine it has to be too good to be true and that there is probably something not right with them,so it has to be the taste right??!

• Advertisement
Advertisement