Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The annoying things when Diving

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 38 Mrs Fed

The cold in the first place, in fact i am learning to use a dry suite.
    Unfortunately I am always cold...:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 589 ✭✭✭loctite

Lobster wrote: »
    Same here, especially when they come here diving in cold water.

Doesn't matter what there level of experience is on this one, any warm water diver who comes here seriously needs to orientated to the cold water.... oh look, PADI has a course for that too.....:D

(but granted......... feck all experience doesn't help)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭elcowboyspace

Whatever guys, industry and agency bash away. You all spend too much time bitching about the politics and right versus wrong in different training structures and not enough time enjoying your "LEISURE SPORT". So back to annoying things while diving.... AGENCY BASHING, PADI knocking and politics, I'm only diving for about 2 and a half years but I don't think these things are ever going to change as my absolute number 1 annoying thing in diving.

Enjoy your sport, peace.

Whatever guys, industry and agency bash away. You all spend too much time bitching about the politics and right versus wrong in different training structures and not enough time enjoying your "LEISURE SPORT". So back to annoying things while diving.... AGENCY BASHING, PADI knocking and politics, I'm only diving for about 2 and a half years but I don't think these things are ever going to change as my absolute number 1 annoying thing in diving.

Enjoy your sport, peace.

ha ha ha ... newbie!!
    There are people involved, certifications (a.k.a. ranking) of course there is going to be politics

You'll sucumb to the dark side (politics) yet.......

(But yeah have to agree with ya, part of the reason I stopped and took up surfing instead!! - but its fun to come in and stir the pot!!)

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 donnchadhc

Enjoy your sport, peace.

A bit harsh methinks, I don't think anyone here is agency bashing. In fact most people here have gone out of their way to avoid insulting people. Agree agency bashing is out of order though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 50 ✭✭elcowboyspace

Ok yes possibly a tad harsh on my part. In fairness most people are trying to avoid it I suppose. But I find a lot of threads similar to this one where you come across numerous posts knocking one agency and swearing an oath to another only to throw at at end " but I dont want to agency bash, they're all just different" . Immidiately after they've just put down PADI or CMAS, BSAC or whoever. It's real case of " This is right, your way is wrong....but still ride the fence so dont look down on me :-) "

Anyway all that aside it is the my club is better than your club stuff that gets me the most.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭fmcc

loctite wrote: »
    (But yeah have to agree with ya, part of the reason I stopped and took up surfing instead!! - but its fun to come in and stir the pot!!)

:D
    Jaysus Loctite more politics in surfing imho.
    My break not yours cos your not good enough, first in the line up, longboards vrs short, who dares SUP, secret spots need i go on, that said as in any sport most of the lads in it are sound and wil help out a newbie but theres always a couple of the other kind no matter what.
    now someone take this spoon off me and I,ll stop stirring.

fmcc wrote: »
    Jaysus Loctite more politics in surfing imho.
    My break not yours cos your not good enough, first in the line up, longboards vrs short, who dares SUP, secret spots need i go on, that said as in any sport most of the lads in it are sound and wil help out a newbie but theres always a couple of the other kind no matter what.
    now someone take this spoon off me and I,ll stop stirring.

ha ha.... point taken...but there is a difference between etiquette and politics.

But still def more politics in Diving. You can get all of the above through diving. Clubs/centres claiming locations. Not disclosing certain dive sites, Closed Circuit vs open circuit, Techie vs recreational, agency vs agency...

Surfing is far less political.... but then we have organisations like the ISA that try to politicise it.... All ya have to do is hop on your board and paddle away from em all..... viva free surfing!!

Getting of the point of this forum here...:o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 dive247

Never mind the agencies, its bad instructors that annoy me in the diving industry. :mad:

• Advertisement
Advertisement