Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Please welcome your new overlord

• 13-03-2009 4:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭

Due to time constraints and personal commitments I am no longer able to moderate this board effectively and efficiently and would not be able to do so for the forseeable future, and as such a changing of the guard has been put into effect.

Please welcome the new PW mod, ShawnRaven

*tags out*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,524 ✭✭✭✭Gordon

Yo! Good luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,602 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

*tags in*

Thank you very much, first of all, i'd like to thank the academy...

Seriously, normal rules apply as they did before, banhammer doesn't come out unless it has to, and i'd like to wish orestes all the best in his future endeavors. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Oh christ :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

There goes the f**kin neighborhood! :rolleyes::pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

VR, the Vickie Guerrero of the PW forum

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Welcome SR, let the fun begin :pac:

Bubs101 wrote: »
    VR, the Vickie Guerrero of the PW forum

Excuse me??!
    vickie.jpg
    EXCUSE ME!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    Excuse me??! EXCUSE ME!!

Please start of all of your official modding decisions with that moniker in massive bold lettering

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Please start of all of your official modding decisions with that moniker in massive bold lettering

I've contemplated it. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,847 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

gl being a mod Shawnraven

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

SR, Just remember, its better to be vickie than...

MikeAdamle.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭brick tamland

From not posting anymore to mod in the matter of weeks

I take it theres a new " anyone says anything good about the undertaker is instantly banned rule":D:D

From not posting anymore to mod in the matter of weeks

I take it theres a new " anyone says anything good about the undertaker is instantly banned rule":D:D

Old habits die hard i'm afraid, besides, half the forum have threatened that at some stage anyway. ;)

If i could ban pro undertaker comments, then i'd have to ban myself for giving him a compliment last week.

The only thing i'm struggling with is the extra edit features, which i'm now clicking and using for quotes by mistake. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Best of luck man! :D
    Can we start boards campaign to get Rovert back now;)
    You might have to cut down on the old Taker/Punk/Umaga/Cena hate now seeing as you have to set a good example!:P

Rjd2 wrote: »
    Can we start boards campaign to get Rovert back now;)

I actually miss the guy! I still catch him on MMA and Rock & Metal, but it's not like he's been permanently banned from PW either. I don't think anyone could force anyone who doesn't want to post, to post. If i could do that, i'd get Minto back too! ;)
    You might have to cut down on the old Taker/Punk/Umaga/Cena hate now seeing as you have to set a good example!:P

But then i'd also have to lie through my teeth, and i was never any good at that.

How come you don't like Punk? (the wrestler)

• Registered Users Posts: 320 ✭✭Lita Forever

Congrats on becoming mod SR, best of luck with it! :)

How come you don't like Punk? (the wrestler)

It's not that i don't like the guy as such, i just don't see the big deal with him, that's all. The CP Munk name isn't one I gave him incidently, i heard it on a podcast about two years ago and the name kinda stuck since.

• Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

Congrats on your new role SR...ah the benefits of being the mod...for a start, you win every argument disagreement!;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

Best of luck. :)

• Advertisement

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    It's not that i don't like the guy as such, i just don't see the big deal with him, that's all. The CP Munk name isn't one I gave him incidently, i heard it on a podcast about two years ago and the name kinda stuck since.

Ah i see. I must admit i quite like him, though.

Anyway, best of luck as mod.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭Machismo Fan

Mandatory Good Luck to new mod. ;) Nah seriously good luck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

I demand a recount.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,238 ✭✭✭✭Diabhal Beag

Good luck SR. Just know that when you **** up I'll be there with My I ♥ Rovert T-shirt :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,594 ✭✭✭Fozzy

Hopefully you can live up to the precedent that I set :pac:

Good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

:eek::eek::eek::eek: well that's a PW Board death penalty for me anyways!:pac:

haha only messing, I know You'll mod Fairly amongst all posters....right?

Not that it matters at all but CP Munk was Necro Butcher who dressed as a straight edge chipmunk and tagged with Colt Ca-Bunny (bunny costume) in CHIKARA called team WWF.......there's some absolutely useless information for all of you.

Good luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,463 ✭✭✭shinzon

gratz

Shin

Thanks to all for their kind words. Now if you'll excuse me..

0925_mcmahon.jpg
    IT'S TIME TO SHAKE THINGS UP AGAIN!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,164 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

This thread reminds me, where is Vince these days? His common sense is much missed around here these times:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,454 ✭✭✭slicus ricus

Good man SR, i've no doubt you'll do a great job. Never a dull moment on the forum when you're about. As good oul' JR would say: "Business is about to pick up!"

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,854 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Firstly good job Orestes even if its only been a short stint, hope the board doesent lose you fully.

but I actually think VR/SR is a really good appointment even if he may have views not all agree on, he knows he stuff and is a good contributer to the board and hopefully will not go mad with power :D so welcome new overlord who i of course have never disagreed with in anyway ;)
    This thread reminds me, where is Vince these days? His common sense is much missed around here these times:(

I had been wondering this myself, he had been the good cop to Orestes bad cop modding but then recently became a silent partner...(now who will make the joke)

Firstly good job Orestes even if its only been a short stint, hope the board doesent lose you fully.

Somehow I don't think that's gonna happen, PPV nights wouldn't be the same without the guy for a start.
    but I actually think VR/SR is a really good appointment even if he may have views not all agree on, he knows he stuff and is a good contributer to the board and hopefully will not go mad with power :D so welcome new overlord who i of course have never disagreed with in anyway ;)

I've no intention of going mad with "power", although I can't guarantee that the power won't go mad with me. In all seriousness, the aim is to carry on in the same vein as orestes. The board ran smoothly and both he and Vince did put in a lot of work to clean up the mess that happened in transition. I'm sure as hell not going to jeoprodise that.
    I had been wondering this myself, he had been the good cop to Orestes bad cop modding but then recently became a silent partner...(now who will make the joke)

I'm wondering too, despite what some people may believe, I don't actually sit here in PW 24/7. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,424 ✭✭✭fatal

Best of luck sr.Im sure you'll do a good job!
    On a side note,wheres Vince gone?I don't think hes posted for a while now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

Congrats SR, no better man to take the reigns of orestes! all the best with it dude!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,054 ✭✭✭D.Q

Wow, congrats!! fair play and all that.. Things gonna get interesting! :D

Well done to Orestes as well, very good job.. despite betrayals.

.....I hold my grudges... haha:p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Exams looming I assume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,905 ✭✭✭✭Handsome Bob

The lunatic has taken over the asylum.:pac::pac::pac:

Congrats Shawnraven, I'm looking forward to your colourful moderating.:)

LZ5by5 wrote: »
    The lunatic has taken over the asylum.:pac::pac::pac:

I think i was always around... orestes just gave me the front door key. ;)
    Congrats Shawnraven, I'm looking forward to your colourful moderating.:)

Cheers, so far so good I think. :D

Advertisement