Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

karen in wildcat

Options
  • 13-03-2009 4:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 46

hello!

im just after spending the morning having a wander round the tattoo studios around temple bar and somehow ended up handing over a deposit and booking an appointment with karen in wildcat. im not even sure how! she just kept talking and somehow i was booked in.

anyway, has anyone here had any work done by her, and if so, could you post a pic of your tattoo in this thread and share your experience with me please?

im not sure im comfortable with the whole thing. i went with a friend, and she seemed a bit distracted because she was really into his idea...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

:eek: Did you not even have a look through her portfolio?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Don't do it.
    Only get tattooed after a months consideration, or longer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

biko wrote: »
    Don't do it.
    Only get tattooed after a months consideration, or longer.

Longer I'd say.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 *dolly*

its not the tattoo that im not sure about at all! ive had it picked out for a long long time and im sure about placement and what i want, and size etc etc...
    i just wanted to meet a few artists today to see who i was going to get it done. i DO want it done in the next few weeks like. it was more the fact that she didnt seem to be listening to what i was saying that put me off. she was really excited about doing my friends cover up and seemed distracted with me.
    i certainly wont be going ahead with it if im not 100% happy, certainly no big deal for me to cancel.
    i was just looking for other peoples experiences with her, and whether this would be typical behaviour for her, or whether ill get a bit more tlc and attention when i go in by myself.

Sorry if this sounds a little harsh, I don't mean it to, but handing over the deposit and booking seems like madness when you're very unsure of the artist and their work :eek:

• Advertisement

LOL! its not harsh at all!!! you're dead right. i feel like a right nipple!!

she was recommended by a friend, and i saw that tat of a peacock that she did here, so i was only going in for a chat, and next thing i knew i was booked in. id be lolling at me if i were you!

instinct is telling me to cancel, but i was just going to check here if anyone had a similar experience first. and sure no harm in seeing what she comes up with.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 6,817 ✭✭✭jenizzle

If you like the tattoo, and she's going to do what you want, then there isn't much of an issue. I'd be more concerned about the quality of her work rather than getting TLC and attention :confused: I'd go in and visit her again, have a look through her portfolio, speak to her again and take it from there.

Yeah, 'd agree with what Jenizzle said. Go back in and take a good look through her portfolio and talk to her about your tattoo and judge it from there.

Certainly not laughing at you at all! Reason I post here is to try to help people get work they're gonna be happy with :)

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭YozzerHughes

So has anyone had work done by Karen?

Any examples of her work people could post? Saw that peacock Dolly mentioned and it's lovely. Any other ones, or a link to an online portfolio?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jimbellows

Make sure you have some cash saved for tattoo removal if you dont like it :)
    Nothing personal about her, just saying its permanent.
    clear.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,638 ✭✭✭bombidol

Yeah she hypnotised you and you had no control. Grow up, take some responsibility for your actions. Go in tomorrow and cancel the appointment. Karen wont cry over it.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭YozzerHughes

Jesus christ any chance of some productive input lads.

Cancel the appointment. Stop being silly blah blah blah.

I was with dolly that morning. She knows the tattoo she wants, where she wants it. Has done for a long time. Went by the shop. Shop was fine. Met the tattooist, had a chat but didn't see her portfolio.

We were in four different shops with several artists that morning. Not one of them volunteered their portfolios but every shop looked to try and book in the appointments. To be fair to Karen she did give us more time than any other artist that day and was enthuasiastic.

I think the general level of business professionalism is poor from what I saw that morning. Artists not in the shop when they said they would be. Vague promises like "sure swing by later", we did, still not there. More attention spent on their mates hanging around the shop than paying customers coming in the door. Only flash on display, very little actual photos of work.

Now before she cancels what could be a perfectly good appointment with a perfectly good tattooist I think dolly would like to hear from people who have actually seen Karen's work or had work done by her. I'm sure dolly will go back and talk to her again and take a look at her book but any specific feedback on the question asked would be much appreciated I'm sure.

bombidol wrote: »
    Yeah she hypnotised you and you had no control. Grow up, take some responsibility for your actions. Go in tomorrow and cancel the appointment. Karen wont cry over it.

LOL! have i upset you or something?

i dont blame karen at all. i DO blame me for just going along with everything instead of taking some more time talking to her about it and making sure we were on the same page.

jenizzle
    obviously the quality of her work is the most important thing. by tlc and attention, i meant listening to what i wanted, showing me her work, sounding vaguely interested etc etc, not holding my hand or anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 35 marmalady

i just had work done by her recently.. she is brilliant and im sure it wont be long before im going back to get more done.

Her line quality and colouring are amazing.

You should be excited to get one done by her!

- i should have read the whole post before my reply!! ha i have the peacock.. i have seen her other work and its very good.. all them in jervis wildcat are very good they take their time and are very dedicated to what they are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭vangoz

I got some generic tribal work done from her a good while back when she worked in dragon, so that wouldnt be anything major to go by, but i seen some of her other work and its of pretty good standard.

Why dont you pop back into the shop and have another chat, maybe get a look at her portfolio and then make up your mind.

vangoz
    ill definitely be doing that anyway. wed or thurs i had planned on calling in and talking to her again, i was just hoping to get some more information here before i did that.
    seems there arent many that have work done by her passing through this particular forum tho.
    sure we'll see...
    ill be alot happier after i see her this week again i reckon.

Advertisement