Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB Home Insurance, Anyone used?

• 13-03-2009 4:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone used AIB home insurance, which is basically Axa? I got my broker which was up on last year and found AIB is 160 euro cheaper than him, and cheaper than anyone else, and it includes accidental damage as well?
    Is there a catch?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

I've used it for over 10 years now. We have made two small claims in that time (oil on carpet and a broken window). Each time there was no problem/messing with the claim, it was easy and fast :)

Personally, I would recommend them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

I've had two polices with them since 2001 & 2002 and have been very pleased with them, their call centre staff are much nicer than their branch staff!

I had one bad flood claim in 2004 and the service was top drawer they even appointed a contractor and paid up for alternative accommodation for a few days.

Hopefully you won't need to claim but my experience has been a good one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,524 ✭✭✭✭TheDriver

went with them in the end, broker said they were too cheap so I thanked him for his help and signed up!

• Registered Users Posts: 19 cgaie

AIB home insurance (Axa) is horrible, few years ago I had an attic water tank overflow and I call them and they said that wasn’t covered by the insurance and even though I didn’t make any claim they considered my call as a claim

This week has been very cold in Dublin so I called AIB emergency team last night and I got a very rude lady telling she couldn’t tell me what was covered by the emergency team and when I said I had a roof leaking because condensación she said they didn’t cover that

So why do we pay for insurance, they just take your money and when you need them they don’t help

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Having had one bad experience, why did you continue doing business with them? And when you took out the insurance why did you not check what was covered or at leased do so after your previous bad experience?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,364 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Mod warning: I am not going to allow this thread to turn into a general rant about insurance. Keep it factual.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,793 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Did the insurance go up after making these claims?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,480 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

The poster you quoted is marked as a closed account. The post you quoted is 12 years old.

• Registered Users Posts: 733 ✭✭✭Xofpod

So, positive comments about AIB only. Understood.

Glad you deleted my posts now that I understand the new policy.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

No back seat modding. If you have an issue with a post report it and it'll be looked at..

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Advertisement