Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most Expensive Pint of Guinness

Options
  • 13-03-2009 4:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭

I know everyone's looking for a cheaper pint these days but I have someone on another message board (from the UK) who says that last year when he was in Ireland the going rate for a pint of Guiness was €6 in a country pub and €8-€10 in Dublin.

Now that can't be right. I remember last year paying at most €5.50 in an uber-posh pub in town (not that I go to uber posh pubs very often). And I'd imagine even last year people would revolt if pints of Guinness were €8-€10.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Ì think Cafe on saine is around that price for beverages late nite! As tourists only usually go to "famous" pubs I could see how this would happen

Nick

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

€5.20 in The Ferryman! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,025 ✭✭✭Ham'nd'egger

I have a receipt at home that can vouch for a Guinness at €6.10 in the Temple Bar and €6.60 for Heineken late prices.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

I don't think I've paid above €4.50 for one.
    I don't drink Guinness with dinner but anywhere I've seen it, it definately hasn't been above 6ish 7 at the very top end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,779 ✭✭✭Carawaystick

JJ wrote: »
    I know everyone's looking for a cheaper pint these days but I have someone on another message board (from the UK) who says that last year when he was in Ireland the going rate for a pint of Guiness was €6 in a country pub and €8-€10 in Dublin.

Now that can't be right. I remember last year paying at most €5.50 in an uber-posh pub in town (not that I go to uber posh pubs very often). And I'd imagine even last year people would revolt if pints of Guinness were €8-€10.

Unless he's converting last year's prices to sterling and misconverting back at this year's sterling prices? that'd make the extra 50%

Advertisement