Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mary Immaculate Arts Points

Options
  • 13-03-2009 4:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

What do people think the Points will be for arts this year? Just a rough Idea.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

according to the irish times, applications for teaching related courses only went up by 3%. i know thats not all arts is for but teaching is the most common career from arts in MI....:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Hmm interesting, It's 385 atm.. so, 400 to aim for a safe bet?

Its a hard one with 3 higher Level subjects :(

with no option to do LCVP

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭english4490

CaoimH_in wrote: »
    Hmm interesting, It's 385 atm.. so, 400 to aim for a safe bet?

Its a hard one with 3 higher Level subjects :(

with no option to do LCVP

yep with that should cover ya! but who knows!!! ya i cant do lcvp for the easy points its a pity.....

• Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭CaoimH_in

Scarey stuff :(

B1 in (O) Maths
    C2 in (O)Irish
    A1 in (O) English (im able for higher, just wouldn't let me up)
    B1 in (H) Agricultural Science
    B1 in (H) Music
    B1 in (H) Geography
    If I pass Ordinary German that'll sufice for me :)
    Bugger eh? That only adds up to 385 too.. so im aiming for that but after that, Lets just hope something happens to get me to 390-395-400 :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭klong

Cheers.

7.48 :rolleyes:

Off to the Leaving Cert forum with you, pointless speculation helps nobody and UL/MIC students aren't going to be in a position to decide how many points you'll need.:rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

No-one has a rough idea. Even if the 3% increase is true, it depends whether it consists of 3% extra students with 600 points, 10 points or spread along the mean, which of course we don't know because we don't know what the mean is.

Anything anyone can do to guess is as useful as killing a cow, pulling out its guts and predicting the points levels based on where the intestines land. You can't get a prediction from anywhere in this universe that you can rely on to even a tiny extent, rough idea or not.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement