Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replaceing A Toilet/Wax Sealer

Options
  • 13-03-2009 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭

Hey all,

Just wondering if anyone has any experience in replacing a toilet?

Well actually I think it might the sealing ring around the base that is the problem moreso than the toilet. I'm going to check though just incase its the bowl. Either way I'm going to have to remove toilet from the mounting etc.

I feel pretty confident to carry out the job, as long as everything goes to plan .Anyone got any handy hints though to make the job easier or any potential pitfalls? Believe it or not I've never had need to lift a toilet, I would imagine they are pretty heavy? I assume its still a one man job though?

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭ponyirl

hey Mystik Monkey

theres no real problems to removing a toilet i'm guessing its leaking when you flush if so its the multiwick that connects the toilet to the out let pipe is most likely to be the problem.

if this is the case look out for the seal being squashed to the bottom where it connects to the toilet if it is you can get an off set mulit wick to insure an even seal all around .

hope this helps p

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

its actually leaking around the base of the throne itself regardless of flush or not . Plus there is a fair old whack coming off it from time to time, I'm guessing the seal is gone down there for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

checked the bowl, no visible cracks. so I got some dark food dye and put into the cistern. No leaks on the bowl but i could see it leaking out underneath.

so there's nothing mad i need to be mindful of before i start then?

Advertisement