Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Frys Chocolate Cream for €1.10

• 13-03-2009 5:16pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭

Was feeling a little peckish, so I went into the Spar across the road from Connolly, and went to the till with a Frys Chocolate Cream. Was asked for €1.10:eek:
    WTF. I took my business elsewhere. Whatta nerve.:mad:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Lucas10101

Who knows what the Mint Version costs then...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭PurpleBerry

Just down the road from me there's a Centra and a non-franchise newsagent side by side. A bar of chocolate in the Centra cost €1.05, next door the same bar will set you back 85c. A box of cereal in the Centra comes to €3.55, same size box of the same cereal in the other shop is just €1.99. It's a bit mad because these two shops are right beside each other.

The moral of the story? It pays to shop around.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 861 ✭✭✭Blue_Wolf

Exactly, not happy with the price than leave and dont buy it, just like you did. If sales are low than they are going to reduce prices. We have been ripped off for years and cant blame retailers for taking advantage of this because we let them do it. We didnt complain!

Theres a website for hiring a car over in America. You can book a car so its ready for you when you come over. They ask you where are you from. You say the UK they charge you X amount. Change you location to Ireland and they nearly double the price. Why is this? Because the English complain and know what value is. Irish shut their mouth and pay the price. The thought of been looked at as cheap would be an attrocity. I see Irish women leaving supermarkets and not putting trollies back OH because they will look poor going back to get their Euro. Hopefully the Recession will change our way of thinking and we wont be ripped off anymore.

You are right to walk out of the shop without paying. If we had more people like you than something would be done about thius ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,151 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

There's a shop in Glasnevin called JDs selling Fry's for 2 for €1. I dunno if they're still there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
Advertisement