Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

terapin tank filter

• 13-03-2009 5:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi

I have a 2 and a half year old yellow bellied terrapin (I think????). I have a tank thats around 120 litres and an Eheim echo 2232 external filter. Aparently the filter is meant to keep the tank clean for about 3-4 months (according to the pet shop) but this isnt the case. It needs to be cleaned every 2-3 weeks!!!!!!

Can anybody recommend a good filter or any tips for keeping the tank clean?

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 202 ✭✭cos!!

honestly if you only have to clean it every 2-3 weeks your VERY lucky!your not going to get anyting better than that sorry!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 233 ✭✭Wolfsberg

Hi Circir. Eheim are very highly regarded filters! I think the problem is that a turtle produces a whole lot of waste! If it was the same filter and 120l aquarium with fish in it, you would only have to clean the filter every few months.
    Stick with the filter you have, you won't get better than that.

I'm sure you are careful but make sure you do not overfeed the animal as uneaten food is generally the biggest contributing factor when it comes to dirty filters.

Advertisement