Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A380

Options
  • 13-03-2009 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭

Anyone get the A380 on your trip down under?

Just wondering is it a significant improvement on the 747.
    Heading back to Oz for a few weeks shortly just to catch up. I have long legs and I am dreading it.
    We have the 380 though, so I am crossing my fingers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 730 ✭✭✭thalia_13

I flew home on a380, if you flying qantas qf31 then its definitely an a380, that flight is on wed fri and sat as far as I know! Its great plane, more comfy than the one I flew over on last year. Flying home was a pleasure this time, i actually slept well, seats tilt when you put them back, gives you more room for your legs!

Enjoy the flight home!!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Im flying in 3 weeks on the A380 with Singapore and its look very good on the pictures I have seen. Even Cattle class looks ok.

1329353959_600d8808e2.jpg

They even have this. I am to presume you have not booked this part of the plane.

airbusa380.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭H.O.T.A.S.

Flew down on a Singapore Airlines A380. Brilliant service the plane is really really big when you see it for the first time on the gate. Got to watch Top Gear and get nicely drunk on Singapore Slings all the way down! Pleanty of leg room and comfort in economy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,606 ✭✭✭Jumpy

Berty wrote: »
    Im flying in 3 weeks on the A380 with Singapore and its look very good on the pictures I have seen. Even Cattle class looks ok.

1329353959_600d8808e2.jpg

They even have this. I am to presume you have not booked this part of the plane.

airbusa380.jpg

3 weeks? You are probably on the same flight as me.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

I also flew the Singapore Airlines A380 from London-Singapore-Awesome interior and great in flight entertainment. I ddint get bored at all and even though im six foot two had enough room to be okay for pretty much all the flight. The next leg was an old 747 that made me feel quite cramped in comparison.

There's an economy section upstairs with two seats a breast which might be worth OP booking as the seats are more spacious there. Much more feeling of room on an a380 compared to 747 and you have more of an area to walk and streach in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,097 ✭✭✭Davexirl

I arrived in Perth yesterday and flew in the A380 from London to Singapore with Qantas. I asked for the emergencey exit seats as I am 6ft 4 and I could stretch my legs out fully. Fantastic plane and the touchscreen Tv's have loads of films and Tv programmes on it, even all the latest films like The Curious case of Benjamin Button and Slumdog millionare etc. Games are even on it. There is also a Sky Cam with is attached to the planes tail and you can watch the flight anytime on it. Great for the take off and landing. When I got to Singapore I had to continue my flight on the A330 and it felt like a caravan compared to the A380.

Were going out on the A380 but coming back on the A330 - Shame :(

Singapore will not let us select seats and preffered seats are $50USD each per flight - no thanks BUT he said I should call 3 days before the flight leaves and he will pick the seats with me himself. I already have them picked out upstairs so no stranger is sitting near us.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,940 ✭✭✭pclancy

Dont forget to register for airmiles with whoever you're flying with. Sweet reward points upgrades will happen eventually :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 JustaJourno

A380 is absolutely awesome. Flew on it from Auckland-London with Emirates in Jan. It doesnt even compare to the 777-300 and A340-500 I took back out here. There's a lot more leg room, so much cleaner, and so much more aboard. It's also ridiculously quiet (the loudest noise you'll hear is the huge flaps moving into position). Its a great experience to fly on it.

Business class is epic too :D Free Stand-up bar upstairs and everything! Dangerous with an Irish crowd aboard! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

HAHA em id recommend sleeping pills but when i was coming over here i took em and passed out for only 1 hour of the journey and woke up with drool all down my front and had missed the meal.

Not a success story

• Advertisement

I would like to point out that Im not an airplane geek but I cannot wait to fly on this plane and especially again with the crew of Singapore Airlines.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭ballooba

Jumpy wrote: »
    Anyone get the A380 on your trip down under?

Just wondering is it a significant improvement on the 747.
    Heading back to Oz for a few weeks shortly just to catch up. I have long legs and I am dreading it.
    We have the 380 though, so I am crossing my fingers.
    Singapore's A380s are far superior to the 747s. I flew to Singapore two weeks ago on the 747 and am flying home (to Sydney) on the A380 on Friday. No comparision in my opinion. It's also worth paying the extra $80 to get an emergency exit seat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 13,018 ✭✭✭✭jank

Flew with Singapore Airlines on the London-Singapore route on the A380.
    It was class. makes every other plane feel like a B&B compared to a 5 star hotel

Advertisement