Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

.223 to .22 hornet??

Options
  • 13-03-2009 6:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭

This might be a silly question(Think I already know the answer :o) but I'm going to ask it any way.

If I changed the bolt in my CZ 527 .223 to a bolt from a CZ 527 .22 hornet what other work would have to be done to fire .22 hornet??

As far as I know their the same action it just looks like the hornet bolt is a little longer.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,224 ✭✭✭Kramer

Change the barrell :p.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

Yep as I suspected - neck dimensions? but just an idea.:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Not to mind,headspace,chamber pressures,bullet engagement in the grooves, IOW a bit more work to do than it is worth?

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

Advertisement