Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

PL weekend fixtures - contrary to popular opinion...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

Xavi6 wrote: »
    3 goals in 2 games

I wonder where the boo boys are now :rolleyes:

Eboue is still ****e,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Eboue is still ****e,

No he isn't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,570 ✭✭✭✭Frisbee

4-0 is the kind of score we should be beating relegation fodder like Blackburn.
    And with the way things have been going its about time we got a result like this against a poor side

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Fuzzy_Dunlop

Xavi6 wrote: »
    No he isn't

He's good when he runs at players and gets past them. He's just so unbelievably frustrating when he ruins a great opportunity by making the complete wrong decision or blasting horribly wide or something. He seems so clueless sometimes. Though It's not all his fault because he's a right back and not a winger by nature. Also people tend to get on his back because of his diving and shenanigans like that.

That said, I'm happy he's gotten those goals recently. He seems to get on well with the whole team and having him in good form might have a bit of a knock on effect.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Great results for Spurs, even if we get nothing at Villa Park tomorrow.

Lot of pressure on Villa tomorrow.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Diouf shows again why he's such a likeable human being.

Ronnie Whelan saying Bentnaaar is doing my head in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 39,001 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Stekelly wrote: »
    Diouf shows again why he's such a likeable human being.

Ronnie Whelan saying Bentnaaar is doing my head in.
    For some reason this just reminds me of the Carlsberg thing.

You know if Carlsberg did football pundits they'd never make mistakes or mispronounce things to annoy you lol.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

I fancy spurs to win tomorrow, they will give villa a dose of their own medicine and hit them on the break

Only saw the highlights on MotD now.

Pedersen is a player I quite like but that dive was disgusting. A blatant display of cheating and in an ideal world he'd be hauled up in front of an FA disciplinary committee and slapped with a ban.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Frisbee wrote: »
    Only saw the highlights on MotD now.

Pedersen is a player I quite like but that dive was disgusting. A blatant display of cheating and in an ideal world he'd be hauled up in front of an FA disciplinary committee and slapped with a ban.

In an ideal world the refs apply the law firmly and consistantly. Players then start missing more and more games becuase of bans and clubs start telling them to cop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Horrid tackle by Diouf, very dangerous

And ridiculous dive by Petersen... Do these people not know that these dives will be shown on TV? Or do they just not care?

Dave! wrote: »
    Horrid tackle by Diouf, very dangerous

And ridiculous dive by Petersen... Do these people not know that these dives will be shown on TV? Or do they just not care?
    Well Pederson was fouled a couple of weeks back against United and got nothing for it so I think he feel he's owed one. Diving is a regular occurence in the PL over the last few years and Peds is just starting to get in on it this year. Ronaldo, Drogba are two who regularly take the opportunity to dive yet I don't hear you giving out about them.

On Diouf's tackle it was dangerous and if he had gotten red we could have no complaints. He's a great player though and he is very well like by his team mates at Blackburn, a very popular lad and he gives 110% on the pitch every game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

eagle eye wrote: »
    Well Pederson was fouled a couple of weeks back against United and got nothing for it so I think he feel he's owed one. Diving is a regular occurence in the PL over the last few years and Peds is just starting to get in on it this year. Ronaldo, Drogba are two who regularly take the opportunity to dive yet I don't hear you giving out about them.

That wasn't just a dive, it was the most embarrassing exhibition I've seen a player put on in quite a while. He's owed nothing except ridicule IMO.

Ronaldo and Drogba get plenty of criticism for their antics on here, so stop deflecting.

Ronaldo and Drogba get absolutely slated on here for diving, that's a terrible excuse.

Also they generally dive when there is some sort of tackle put in. Pedersen's was embarrassing. If he hasn't woke up this morning and seen what it looked like and felt like an idiot there's something seriously wrong with him. It was a blatant attempt to cheat and there was absolutely no need for him to do it.
    He realised that Sagna had his number over the course of the game and the only way he would get any change out of him was to cheat.

Savage cross from Lennon, and Jenas converts as Friedel palms the ball into his path.

1-0 Spurs.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

Wow Villa really are slipping

Twas a beast of a cross alright.

Unearthly wrote: »
    Wow Villa really are slipping

They've been the better side since the goal, Young running riot on the left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Samurai

penalty please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,048 ✭✭✭Unearthly

They've been the better side since the goal, Young running riot on the left.

True

Good match so far.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭whatawaster

great great game so far.

Young looks so dangerous every time he gets the ball.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

On Diouf's tackle it was dangerous and if he had gotten red we could have no complaints. He's a great player though and he is very well like by his team mates at Blackburn, a very popular lad and he gives 110% on the pitch every game.
    He is also a thug.

Samurai wrote: »
    penalty please

Having a laugh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

I can't stand the guy. I watched him playing for Sunderland a good few times this year, and he is up to the same stuff at Blackburn now,

I think he tries alright, but he has very little skill, and provides very little service when he is playing wide. Anybody could have tapped in the goal he got against Fulham.

When things are not going his way he resorts to rough tactics, like the challenege on Almunia. It was terrible.

I'm hoping Sam only brought him in because he was a player who was available that he knew stuff about, Hoping he wont last long with Blackburn.

Carew for heskey please martin

nice to see we're not playing hoofball today, i can smell the goals!

Spurs playing a dangerous game, we need to get our foot on the ball.

Zokora up against Young is a receipe for disaster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

0-1 to Spurs we'll be 6th at this rate

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

gaddamn Young is great but it seems all Villa can do atm is give it to him and hope for magic. Carew please just cos recently hes looked more likely than our starting strikers to both shoot and score

Corluka already subbed on to try and handle young

That change had to be made, but Corluka is as slow as a wet weekend so Young should still have a bit of fun.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭x in the city

MON's decision to concentrate on the CL seems to have went all pete thong big time..:D

throwing the UEFA cup was a crass thing to do when it looks like thats 'all' they will have for next year anyway.

Carew please just cos recently hes looked more likely than our starting strikers to both shoot and score

yeah i'd like to see him at ht but mon is always too reluctant to use subs until late in the game

****ing shoot

Wow, nearly 2 - 0.

And again. Villa living dangerously here.

Two chances for Spurs in quick succession, might regret Modric going for goal with the second, could have picked out either of the strikers.

Samurai wrote: »
    ****ing shoot

thats why i want Carew too many Villa attacks have stopped when we have made one pass too many or spent a sec or two too long on the ball looking for a pass when we should have just got a shot in.

Peach of a ball from Barry :eek:

Heskey very unlucky to hit the angle of post and bar with a looping header. Spurs will be happy to get in for the break.

Been a good game so far.

yeah i reckon hitting the bar there has saved heskey from being substituted

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,169 ✭✭✭Royale with Cheese

No idea how Spurs are winning this. Can barely string 2 passes together.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    Lot of pressure on Villa tomorrow.

Given their upcoming run of fixtures and their strategy over the past month or so this is a season defining 45 minutes I think...Villa need to get something out of this game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Spurs really should not be in front, but they are, and MON and Villa need to step up if they want CL football.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Fantastic game :)

Dave! wrote: »
    Fantastic game :)

Very open game, King/Woody resolute in defence, Crabman playing well at LB, Gomes tuned in. Just a pity Zokora was so pony up against Young, Corulka lacks pace so we'll need Lennon to provide support on that side.

We've been awful at retaining possession though, and that's gonna hurt.

Villa the better side by far, deserve at least a draw at HT.

Very open game, King/Woody resolute in defence, Crabman playing well at LB, Gomes tuned in. Just a pity Zokora was so pony up against Young, Corulka lacks pace so we'll need Lennon to provide support on that side.

We've been awful at retaining possession though, and that's gonna hurt.

Villa the better side by far, deserve at least a draw at HT.

PMSL! Brilliant :D

• Advertisement

Villa looked by far the better side in the first half but up front they are lacking a bit. My bro was saying that there might have been a falling out with Carew, its becoming more believeable every game he doesn't start with his goals per game lately.
    I really want to see them win this and break the big four up, I don't care which team loses out tbh.

Please MON and team your on top, you have the ball, you have the ability now its time to stand up and be counted and stop the fact that the confidence seems to be leaving the fans atm We know the players have the talent but goddamn they just show no creativity, its Young or nothing and people seem reluctant to just have a crack themselves... if you dont shoot, you wont score, its not rocket-science!

edit 2-0 fup sake!

Get fckuing in!!!!

Villa are done. For today certainly. And quite possibly in the bigger CL picture too.

ffs wonder was bent offside?

• Advertisement
Advertisement