Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Stupid Visa Question

Options
  • 13-03-2009 7:12pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭

Ok, for those of you in the know this may be a stupid question but as I do not know the answer here I am:

I have a tourist Visa for Australia. Do I have to bring a print out of my Visa or will the person in immigration on arrival scan my passport and know if I have one or not?

I cannot even find out how to find my OH's Visa. I bought two Visas prior to ETA and had to get myself a new one because I got a new passport. I have mine because I only did it today but I cannot find on their stupid website how to find hers.

Any advice on both questions welcomed ;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Berty wrote: »
    I have a tourist Visa for Australia. Do I have to bring a print out of my Visa or will the person in immigration on arrival scan my passport and know if I have one or not?

I cannot even find out how to find my OH's Visa. I bought two Visas prior to ETA and had to get myself a new one because I got a new passport. I have mine because I only did it today but I cannot find on their stupid website how to find hers.

Just passport will do (It's linked to number)- but a printed is a good idea, just in case

Ever hear of a phone? The visa should be linked to her passport

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

hussey wrote: »

Ever hear of a phone?

And Call Whom? The Immigration department in the UK with a phone number which from Ireland costs €2.12 per minute to call. I dont think so. Visa's are only granted by the London High Commission. They took 3.5 days to answer my last query and this took 4 hrs and 10 minutes.

Speaks for itself.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

And Call Whom? The Immigration department in the UK with a phone number which from Ireland costs €2.12 per minute to call. I dont think so. Visa's are only granted by the London High Commission. They took 3.5 days to answer my last query and this took 4 hrs and 10 minutes.

Speaks for itself.

Sorry that was very bitchy, but yeah the visa is automatically linked to the passport so she shouldn't need anything as such, but personally think it's always a good idea to print it out.

Can you not track it via email? did you buy it on line??

confirmed http://www.immi.gov.au/visitors/tourist/676/how-to-apply.htm#a

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

I have found the following after spending an hour this morning on their website. The problem is that the ETA we had is no longer available and the new ETA(free) gives you the option to check your ETA but using a different reference number to the original one which their systems does not recognise. I got this information through a third party visa company website, oddly enough.

You have a current ETA to travel to Australia.

The Australian Electronic Travel Authority System has reported the following data and conditions apply to your visa:
    Expiry Date 01 SEP 2009
    Period of Stay 3 Months
    Number of Entries Multiple
    Employment Conditions Employment Prohibited

* The Expiry Date of the ETA is the latest date on which you may enter Australia with this ETA.
    * The Period of Stay is the longest time you may spend in Australia on any one visit.
    * The Number of Entries is the number of times you may enter Australia with this ETA

Mine was sent to me by e-mail during the night again by the high commission granting my visa. Its worded differently but it will do just fine.

8 years ago was the last time I visited Australia and the travel agent booked and paid for the tickets and visa and I was given a piece of paper with my visa details on it which I cannot remember if I handed it over in Perth or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭myhorse

8 years ago was the last time I visited Australia and the travel agent booked and paid for the tickets and visa and I was given a piece of paper with my visa details on it which I cannot remember if I handed it over in Perth or not.

Most likely just showed it at your destination. Alot of travel agents used to staple the piece of paper to a page in your passport just for handiness sake. It would have remained in your passport after getting through customs.

• Advertisement
Advertisement