Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dos santos, gunter and Taarabt

Options
  • 13-03-2009 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

Dos santos is the latest member of the squad to go out on loan Looks like harry is slimming the squad down already.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 774 ✭✭✭Woodgate

Dos santos is the latest member of the squad to go out on loan Looks like harry is slimming the squad down already.
    Where's he gone?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Ipswich.

Looks like Redknapp is happy with the size of his squad now he doesn't have to worry about "nuisance" games in the Uefa Cup.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

He might be hoping that the experience will do them good or he can sell them for more if they set the championship alight

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

Don't see any future for Gunter at the club tbh, he's even behind Zokora in the pecking order. Will probably see him move on in the summer, I'll be sad to see him go.

I cannot believe dos Santos will be happy playing for the tractor boys a year after he was pulling on a Barca shirt, so unless this is a "let's toughen him up a bit" routine then he'll be off as well.

Taarabt is an interesting one, he's potentially 9 games in a side with a slim chance of making the pay-offs, I think he needs coaching rather than a stint of getting the sh1t kicked out of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

it'll certainly toughen them all up maybe thats what they need maybe we should send the rest of the team down for a few weeks:P

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 97 ✭✭neilisagam

Its a strange one with Taarabt alrite. QPR arnt up to m uch. Be better if he went to a team going for promotion or relegation. The boy has talent and its a bit of a waste sending him to a team with no ambitions left.

Dos santos is even stranger.....wtf? Surely a lad who played for barca is better then ipswich. Strange one from harry. dont feel that gio has ever had a proper run out apart from pre-season.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭RichMc70

IMO I dont see any harm in the three loans, might do the lads some good to get more competitive first team experience.

Alternatively, if Harry is planning on getting rid of them come summer then if they can impress with their respective temporary clubs, then if nothing else it could help hike their value's (as opposed to playing in our reserves).

Advertisement