Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to get a laptop?

• 13-03-2009 8:11pm

Looking to get a decent laptop. 2-3GB of RAM, Vista.. doesn't need a big Hard drive.

Just looking for suggestions for stores (online or physical) to check out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

I bought one before Christmas through http://www.laptopsdirect.ie/
    There are UK based and I had no issues whatsoever. In reality though, one opinion alone does not really count in these things. For example I once get something from pixmania without any grief....!

Also was very good value as the exchange rate was very favorable at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,496 ✭✭✭Mr. Presentable

I got my last two on Adverts.ie

Would it be at all beneficial to buy from a US store?

Also, i've considered adverts.ie, but if the laptop had any damage to it (interior or exterior) i'd wreck my own head wishing i bought one new.:(

Would eBay be recommended or avoided?

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭MonsterMob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I'd recommend elara.ie. You'll get a decent Vaio there.

I'd say no to eBay for anything like this, as you'll pretty much be on your own with respect to warranties and support. Laptopsdirect are cheap, but have a very bad reputation, no support or customer service.

• Advertisement
Advertisement