Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limited Shotgun Lisence.

Options
  • 13-03-2009 8:32pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am in need of a shotgun for control of vermin, rabbits ect on a small garden, 1/2 to 3/4 acre.

Question is, can someone explain if a limited lisence is what I am looking for, or do I need 3 signatures from large landowners, or gun club membership, and an unlimited lisence.

Thanks
    kadman

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 98 ✭✭Solidchrome

You're not allowed to shoot a firearm within a certain distance of a dwelling or road so you may be better off getting the license through a club or landowner(s).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭Ned Muldhoon

Join local gun club, get some experience with firearms etc.
    Asuming you live in a rural area, I'd go for a 9mm Flobert garden gun (bit too much poke out of a .410 for that close)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Does that mean, that I cant control vermin in the garden with a shotgun on a small garden. How about an air rifle then. I understand that a limited lisence is for vermin control only, and thats why I was interested in that. As my land is along a road way, does that mean I,m snookered.

thanks

kadman

kadman wrote: »
    Does that mean, that I cant control vermin in the garden with a shotgun on a small garden. How about an air rifle then. I understand that a limited lisence is for vermin control only, and thats why I was interested in that. As my land is along a road way, does that mean I,m snookered.

thanks

kadman

Its abit long but this thread will help here :)

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,094 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Had a look there about limited lisence, but I found nothing about land size or info related to gun etiquette in relation to boundary/house distance ect.

maybe I,ve overlooked it, i,ll have to re check later.

kadman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,668 ✭✭✭kay 9

Your best option if you want a shot is get a local landowners permission to shoot his land whether or not you do and apply for licence. The worst and hardest part is waiting for the damn thing. Or else get a few land mines on the black market somewhere:D:D

kay 9 wrote: »
    Your best option if you want a shot is get a local landowners permission to shoot his land whether or not you do and apply for licence. The worst and hardest part is waiting for the damn thing. Or else get a few land mines on the black market somewhere:D:D

Landmines wont work with vermin anymore- theyre getting too clever.

Check this out here ;)

news-graphics-2005-_600666a.jpg

Advertisement