Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to find out if development is likely to happen?

Options
  • 13-03-2009 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hello forum,

I'm thinking of buying in the Wicklow / Wexford area primarily as I like to live in a secluded location while being able to commute to Dublin. If I buy a house on say a 0.5 acre site how can I check whether it is possible/ likely that someone builds a house on the outskirts of my land soon after I move in?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Check the planning register online for recent plannings in the surrounding land.
    A planning lasts for 5 years.

If you are getting the property surveyed prior to purchase, ask the engineer/architect/surveyor to check for you. Also ask them what is the likelyhood for planning in that area.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭krugerrand

It's extremely difficult to obtain planning permission in Wicklow for rural developments, so Wicklow might be a good bet for you. I agree with the previous poster. Also, it might be worth contacting one or more of the elected County Council members for the section of Wicklow or Wexford that you are instered in. They would have a good insight on the probability of a new development being granted planning permission near your proposed purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭Swift66

Cheers lads, Good advice I'll follow it up

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,215 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

check what the lands are zoned for. Planning will only go so far but zoned lands have potential

Advertisement