Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

broadband +call problems

Options
  • 13-03-2009 9:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have eircom broadband w/ Netopia 2247 modem, lately, if someone makes/receives a call, the router tends to disconnect and then reconnect at a lower speed. Once the call is finished, if i restart the router it will connect again at higher speeds. Could this be due to the adsl filter failing, would replacing the filter work?

thanks,
    daywalker

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,291 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

daywalker wrote: »
    Hi,

I have eircom broadband w/ Netopia 2247 modem, lately, if someone makes/receives a call, the router tends to disconnect and then reconnect at a lower speed. Once the call is finished, if i restart the router it will connect again at higher speeds. Could this be due to the adsl filter failing, would replacing the filter work?

thanks,
    daywalker

Does sound the likes the filters are failed.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

The little matchbox size filters are very brittle and fail relatively easily.

Eircom can supply a box that fits over your existing NTU box which has separate sockets for phone and BB.

E.

Advertisement