Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All Ireland Talent Show - Final, March 15th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 577 ✭✭✭Milky Moo

theyeah the dad looks pretty dodgey!whats the cap on indoors?I'm guessing it's a 'fashion statement'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,613 ✭✭✭✭Clare Bear

Ah that little dancing Waterford kid has to win, he was great, someone was actually good, I can't believe it!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

This show is a fix tbh Dublin Girl was miles better than any of these.

EDIT: Is it just me or does it look as if they are dancing in slow motion?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

yup yea boy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭starn

Christ on a bike, what kinda a sh1te is this, I didnt even know people like that lived anymore. Could they fit in anymore Oirish cliches. Tell me one of the brothers is a preist

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭scrubber72

class. you can take the boy out of the west but you cant take the weist outta the buck:D

This show is a fix tbh Dublin Girl was miles better than any of these.

What dublin girl

Edit: Pride of the parish , that really sums it up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,988 ✭✭✭Bondvillain

The Bull wrote: »
    Blanith prob had a big cry about how she had no act in the final and thd others bought it.

Wouldn't the fact that shouty woman had no act in the final just compound the evidence that her taste in talent was utter shíte, and therefore she deserves to be act-less in the grand finale?

I cant believe Im actually bothering to be honest. There's bugger all long term talent on display. The should have just named it "The All Ireland search for children with a small amount of potential" , or "The All Ireland search for the nation's least offensive midweek pub singer" or just "The All Ireland search for children with a semi-amusing 3 minute party trick who none of us will ever hear from again as soon as this crap is finished"

at the intro didn't it look like that bit from father ted where the dudes from the mainland play the deliverance song against the locals and there's some guy on the beach in the background dancing?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 rav

Good to see Graine put John Creedon in his place with her quip ' are your sure they are women' after being nasty to her last week.:mad:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭The Bull

i say these Aran island boys at the end will get a big vote

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭zeppe

Yay, Fair City!!

KILL ME

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

What do you think of the acts performances tonight?
    I thought Jack Lylnch & Mulkerns were Fantastic!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kraggy

starn wrote: »
    Christ on a bike, what kinda a sh1te is this, I didnt even know people like that lived anymore. Could they fit in anymore Oirish cliches. Tell me one of the brothers is a preist

Who are you referring to?

Are you referring to the lads from the Aran Islands? If so, how do you think people live? Wearing surfer dude's clothes saying "far out man"?

Where do you live? West Britain? Irish music and dance are still very much part of life for many of us.

Nice one..lol
    The All Ireland search for children with a small amount of potential" , or "The All Ireland search for the nation's least offensive midweek pub singer" or just "The All Ireland search for children with a semi-amusing 3 minute party trick who none of us will ever hear from again as soon as this crap is finished"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cedomination

starn wrote: »
    What dublin girl

Edit: Pride of the parish , that really sums it up

From 2 weeks ago,she was Shanes act and she was beyond brutal. By far the worst of all the entries.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

kraggy wrote: »

Are you referring to the lads from the Aran Islands? If so, how do you think people live? Wearing surfer dude's clothes saying "far out man"?

Where do you live? West Britain? Irish music and dance are still very much part of life for many of us.

+1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Tuned in for the first time ever today, to see some eejit jumping around with a violin playing about 2 notes. Of course, the judges called him a 'talented musician', and compared him to Jimi Hendrix and Slash. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've picked up a violin, and I'm 100% certain I could have done something better.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,718 ✭✭✭✭JonathanAnon

The song prob sums it up, hit the road jack. She did her best though. not a bad voice but nothing special or nothing you would not come across in many pubs and clubs on a sat night. On a side note she probably is the one that could use the 50000 euro the most, been a mother of three.

So you reckon she gets the vote from all the 14 year old single mothers texting in who can empathize? If fairness, she does have a good voice but the person who chose the song and the person who chose her outfit (surname connors no doubt), should be lined up against the wall and shot.

Winner will be out of Daithí, Jack or Mulkerrin Brothers.

here's hoping the little dude gets it,but the whole voting for the act in your area might clench it for the dubs..pity because those 2guys had some problems...like their singing for one!:p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Tuned in for the first time ever today, to see some eejit jumping around with a violin playing about 2 notes. Of course, the judges called him a 'talented musician', and compared him to Jimi Hendrix and Slash. I can count on one hand the amount of times I've picked up a violin, and I'm 100% certain I could have done something better.

Stay on the lonely street so. You have not watched previously, so you have no idea of that lads pedigree.

Look, I don't think any of us hate Irish music.

But, let me break it down for you. The violin guy basically presses a button to start a backing drum track, then lays down 4 simple notes, presses another button that repeats it, then does it again with the harmony, and then plays some inane melody over it. This is talent? That is insulting to really great, talented traditional Irish musicians.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭OK-Cancel-Apply

Stay on the lonely street so. You have not watched previously, so you have no idea of that lads pedigree.

Well the judges said he 'upped his game'. If THAT's what he pulls out of the hat for the final, I can only imagine what he'd been doing before. And to compare him to Jimi Hendrix?? Glad I didn't watch this god-awful show.

Lets face it there are far better violin players then that guy,some even younger, he is not exceptional.
    The whole plucking etc is just a gimmick and the fact he has the zac efron quality guarantees that he gets the teenage girls votes

kraggy wrote: »

Are you referring to the lads from the Aran Islands? If so, how do you think people live?

I am. Id imagine theres no difference at all between the way people west live compared to people in the east.

There act was all a bit twee for my liking. Its like something lifted straight out of Dev's Ireland. Or escaped from Bunratty Castle

So you reckon she gets the vote from all the 14 year old single mothers texting in who can empathize? If fairness, she does have a good voice but the person who chose the song and the person who chose her outfit (surname connors no doubt), should be lined up against the wall and shot.

Winner will be out of Daithí, Jack or Mulkerrin Brothers.

No i dont recon that she gets all the votes from 14yo single mums. You said that? What i meant was that 50000 euro would go a long way in bringin up her young children. I would imagine that there is lot of bill to pay feeding them, clothes for them etc. And i guess she choose the song herself as Blanath said after it gets a great reacation when she plays it at one of her gigs. As for who dressed her, maybe she could not aford anything better. prob the best on the night where the mulkerrin brothers and the opera singer from the north.

Milky Moo wrote: »
    here's hoping the little dude gets it,but the whole voting for the act in your area might clench it for the dubs..pity because those 2guys had some problems...like their singing for one!:p

If he does get it i dont think little jack will get the money. If You know wat i mean;)

so did anyone vote?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,218 ✭✭✭padocon

If he does get it i dont think little jack will get the money. If You know wat i mean;)

I'm sure it will be put into his bank account!:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,641 ✭✭✭✭Elmo

Ok so I didn't read the above as I am sure it was the same old same old from boards (Change the channel, both metaphorically and literally :D )

Anyway I have seen it on and off over the past 10 weeks. Unimpressive start to the series.

But this final is quiet good, bar Blanthaid's Token entry for the East, and I amn't a fan of opera so Dana's act was for me TBH. Each of the other acts really improved.

Dublin to win!

Light Sunday night viewing IMO. 4 pages already !!!! I am sure everyone else is in good form :)

Advertisement