Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kitchen up north

Options
  • 13-03-2009 10:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 31

Hi all, I bought my last kitchen in MFI up north and want to change it, can anyone recommend a shop I can go to up there? MFI has since closed down. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

You want to change the Kitchen you bought? or exchange the kitchen you bought?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 cleo1

Sorry I want to get a new kitchen, we are extending so need new kitchen, ideally I would have just added on units to existing kitchen but since MFI are closed down not an option.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

I got a new Kitchen last year but was from a local company in Kilkenny, The wife got about 8 quotes over a 3 month peroid and prices were from 9,000 to 4,000 similar materials and finishes. It might just pay to shop around in the Republic not too sure of places in the north.

your best bet would be to get a smaller group to do it for you i'd imagine. Especially if you're building onto the units.

I'm in louth. A friend of mine had units made and fitted onto an already-fitted kitchen before. The guys that did this were called "M & L Cabinet Makers" (i think they've a website?). They did a good job and weren't too expensive, so it could be worth checking them out if you're around Louth somewhere.

Other than that, a different friend got his kitchen tore out and a new one put in. Again, another good job. Guys that did that were called "WD Kitchens" (again they're in louth).

Those are the only two i can think of off hand whose work i've seen and that i've heard gave a decent price.

Just be careful though. There's a lot of cowboys out there that haven't a bean what they're doing. Best of luck.

Advertisement