Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

PSV driver and just got clamped

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Its simple really. If your parked properlyoutside your house in a private estate, (or not on the public roads) then you should not have to worry about being clamped.

If you park in the middle of the road with your hazards on, or fail to put up a pay and display ticket in a public carpark/space, then you deserve to be clamped, if you park like a retard in your estate you derserve to be clamped too.

SO,

Private clampers = Bad
    Council Clampers = Good.

IMO, of course.

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Its simple really. If your parked outside your house in a private estate, (or not on the public roads) then you should not have to worry about being clamped.

If you park in the middle of the road with your hazards on, or fail to put up a pay and display ticket in a public carpark/space, then you deserve to be clamped.

SO,

Private clampers = Bad
    Council Clampers = Good.

IMO, of course.

People parking in their estates are often worse and blockign more while thinking they are fine than some people who stop on double yellows. I often turn in to my road to be greeted with cars parked either side of the road, directly across from each other with the bare amount to squeeze by for my car (anything larger and you'd have to go looking for the owner). These peopele are retards, despite not being parked on double yellow lines. A lot of new estates arent built anythign like what we had years ago. The roads are narrower and with less space for "unofficial" parking. It decends into chaos fairly quickly.

The simple fact is people cant be trusted to police themselves because they are stupid and inconsiderate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

Stekelly wrote: »
    People parking in their estates are often worse and blockign more while thinking they are fine than some people who stop on double yellows. I often turn in to my road to be greeted with cars parked either side of the road, directly across from each other with the bare amount to squeeze by for my car (anything larger and you'd have to go looking for the owner). These peopele are retards, despite not being parked on double yellow lines.

Agreed. I'll edit my post accordingly!

Advertisement