Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need bit o help with sms settings...

• 13-03-2009 10:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

Hey,

I'm on meteor and have just been given a nokia e51 which is an o2 phone but unlocked. Now my sim works for making/taking calls, receiving texts but not sending them!

Any one any ideas why?

My message centre num is set to +353857000000.

thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Its possibly an old sim. Put your sim back into your old meteor phone and try send a text see if it works. If it does then get a replacement sim in a Meteor store.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭masto1983

Davy wrote: »
    Its possibly an old sim. Put your sim back into your old meteor phone and try send a text see if it works. If it does then get a replacement sim in a Meteor store.

Yeah i have the same sim since bout 2001 i think, could that cause a problem? I works in my samsung sgh-e390 and old nokia 6230...
    Today i tried both o2 and vodafone sims and they worked!

I also rang customer care and they hadn't a breeze, said it has to be the phone...:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

masto1983 wrote: »
    Yeah i have the same sim since bout 2001 i think, could that cause a problem? I works in my samsung sgh-e390 and old nokia 6230...
    Today i tried both o2 and vodafone sims and they worked!

I also rang customer care and they hadn't a breeze, said it has to be the phone...:rolleyes:

Doesn't have to be the phone. Just go into a meteor outlet and ask for a replacement sim. They will give it to you on the spot. Just save any contacts on the sim to the phone first if you haven't done so already.

Advertisement