Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does UPS operate fully at the weekend?

Options
  • 13-03-2009 10:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭

I'm tracking a UPS delivery and even though I've done this a million times I've just now realised that I've never done it over a weekend. I know they don't deliver at weekends but do they still do everything else? My package just left Warsaw and usually that means it's a day or two away. If they down tools at the weekend or reduce schedules I won't get this thing until Wednesday probably. And their estimated delivery date is jumping back and forth for days so that's useless.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,556 ✭✭✭Slunk

Depending on service level it should get an inbound scan early on monday morning if its express or express saver. It will be sent to main hub in germany for sorting and then flown to Ireland monday morning about 04:00 :)

If its standard it may take longer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Board Senseless

Thanks for the reply.

It's UPS Saver. Judging by the tracking of an identical package from a few weeks ago I'd definitely get this tomorrow if it was a normal day. The times so far are almost identical.

So you're saying that when it hits Germany it'll stay there over the weekend then hit Dublin Monday morning. Guess it doesn't matter where it sits once it's in Dublin Monday.

The estimated date is now Wednesday, which seems unlikely....hopefully.:(

Attached: The tracking from the last package.

Well if its saver it should go in the air cans with express so that means its on its way to germany for sorting. It should get into dublin monday morning. Scan should be updated monday morning between 06:00 -08:00 if it comes from the air cans.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 96 ✭✭Board Senseless

OK, thanks a lot for your help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 677 ✭✭✭darc

AFAIK UPS europen saver is their road service. Its trucked to Germany, then trucked to UK, then trucked to Ireland. My guess is wednesday is your delivery date.

• Advertisement

Saver comes in by air.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Sonic_exyouth

upsPage_04.gifupsPage_06.gif

Sorry.. thats the only thing I know about UPS :P

Advertisement