Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

scumbag condoning child abuse

Options
  • 13-03-2009 10:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055512439

surely this is not acceptable on boards? i'm sure all talk of illegal activity is supposed to be banned and any poster condoning such things be treated harshly.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Did you report the post(s)?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,208 ✭✭✭Économiste Monétaire

Try the report button?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

acontadino wrote: »
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055512439

surely this is not acceptable on boards? i'm sure all talk of illegal activity is supposed to be banned and any poster condoning such things be treated harshly.
    Calm down and rationalise things. Now... how exactly is that person condoning child abuse?

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

I have a feeling Mr. Codino is about to be banned from that particular forum.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

That thread is sailing awfully close to the wind, but currently I'm going to let it continue but I would ask people to maintain vigilance as I'm not wild about the "troll"-like aspects of the OP.

Discussion of the legal age of consent is one thing, discussion of the case is ok too... but condoning is something we wont tolerate either.

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I've also moved it to humanities. Its not a LGBT issue unless we are going to consider the "mandatory term sentencing of rapists" to be a Sex and Sexuality issue. (which, to be clear, I dont.)

There are several controversial but important issues highlighted in that thread which I feel merits allowing it to continue (not least of which is the addition by an unregistered user... yes I know he wont be able to continue to contribute in Humanities, I stil judge that to be the best place for it).

Tread carefully is all i'm saying.

DeV.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

DeVore wrote: »
    I've also moved it to humanities. Its not a LGBT issue unless we are going to consider the "mandatory term sentencing of rapists" to be a Sex and Sexuality issue. (which, to be clear, I dont.)

There are several controversial but important issues highlighted in that thread which I feel merits allowing it to continue (not least of which is the addition by an unregistered user... yes I know he wont be able to continue to contribute in Humanities, I stil judge that to be the best place for it).

Tread carefully is all i'm saying.

DeV.

Hmmm. It doesn't really fit into any of the established fora. If only there were some fora where topics like this could really be fleshed out...

...http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055399766&page=2...

(pity there's no whistling nonchalantly smilie, but that's a matter for another feedback thread).

Hmmm, interesting forum suggestion but to be honest, I dont think anyone is arguing they DIDNT commit a crime under the current law... The interesting discussion is around the sexualisation of teens and our approach to common policy in society where people's views radically differ... Humanities seems like a good place for it for the moment...

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

Conrtaversial oppinion - not supported by the law however.

The only thing that has muddued the water was the boys apparent concent.

Either way i dont think boards are "promoting" anything other than harbouring a heated debate

yeah, cos we never do that, eh? :):p

DeV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,556 ✭✭✭✭AckwelFoley

DeVore wrote: »
    yeah, cos we never do that, eh? :):p

DeV.

:pac:

Advertisement