Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pouring Kilkenny Can, which way?

Options
  • 13-03-2009 11:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭

Now, just seen this demo by an amateur on youtube

He pours it into the glass by stages instead of one full pour as stated on the can. (yes its in 2 stages in draft in a pub but the can has a widget and on the can it actually says 'Always pour entire contents into a glass immediately after opening!)

This can probably be said for all cans with widgets(Beamish, Guinness, John Smiths)
    So which is right? One straight pour or doing it in stages like in the vid?:confused:
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,365 ✭✭✭spoonbadger

gurramok wrote: »
    Now, just seen this demo by an amateur on youtube

He pours it into the glass by stages instead of one full pour as stated on the can. (yes its in 2 stages in draft in a pub but the can has a widget and on the can it actually says 'Always pour entire contents into a glass immediately after opening!)

This can probably be said for all cans with widgets(Beamish, Guinness, John Smiths)
    So which is right? One straight pour or doing it in stages like in the vid?:confused:
    He drank before it finished settling. Sacrilige!!! :pac:.

I'd say one straight pour to be honest. He's just screwing up the settling by pouring it like that. All he's doing is shaking it up in the can. The reason it goes from "clear" to "dark" after each time he shakes it, is because it's settling in the can. I'd say you'd be better off to just pour the whole thing in and let it settle the normal way :).

• Registered Users Posts: 11 hoprodrye

Find a sink and start pouring.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,992 ✭✭✭✭gurramok

He drank before it finished settling. Sacrilige!!! :pac:.

I'd say one straight pour to be honest. He's just screwing up the settling by pouring it like that. All he's doing is shaking it up in the can. The reason it goes from "clear" to "dark" after each time he shakes it, is because it's settling in the can. I'd say you'd be better off to just pour the whole thing in and let it settle the normal way :).

Yeh, never trust a youtube vid :D

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

that's absolute ****e - one pour - same with guiness on draft if you ask me :pac:

Advertisement