Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parents Against Cutbacks

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Sorry have I missed something here?? Whats your point?

I would be more worried about the fact that the government are taking everything away from families and giving nothing back themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

foxy06 wrote: »

I think his point is because it's 25 years away people don't see how important or how valuable pensions are and end up relying on the state to bail them out when they're 65?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,288 ✭✭✭✭ntlbell

I would be more worried about the fact that the government are taking everything away from families and giving nothing back themselves.

You keep rattling this out

the goverment have hit everyone and some of that everyone are families.

everyone is going to pay

just the way people with no kids pay for your kids CA?

we all chip in.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

You've 25 years to build up as good a pension as you can so that you can live a happy and hopefully long life as independently as possible and not have to rely on the Government's charity to scrape by when demographic pressures are going to thin the amount of revenue around to fund it 25-30 years time.

• Advertisement

Still don't see your point? I'm worried about next month. The fact that my husband will have a pension in 25 years isn't much good to me now is it? I haven't mentioned anything about pensions...ntlbell brought that up and while it will be great at the time I am worried about right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 517 ✭✭✭SarahMc

Foxy, you are personalising this way too much. There is no-one can argue for universal payments of any kind in the current climate, be it CA, ECS, free 3rd level education etc. CA will not be scrapped, it will either be taxed or paid to those on FIS/in receipt of medical/GP card only.

If you are struggling, you should check out both FIS and the GP card, as the limits for them are quite generous.

I am a single working mother, paying the pension levy, but bloody grateful to have a secure job and good pension lined up for 25 years time.

Advertisement