Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Humorous but not socially acceptable

Options
  • 13-03-2009 11:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭

This is a shout out to those of us who find humor in unusual and sometimes socially unacceptable situations.
    For instance:
    I was attending a friends mom's funeral. The death was unexpected, therefore it was a startling and somber moment.While in the heady grip of grief and at the burial the priest nearly, I repeat nearly fell into the grave. He was in front of the grave and started to shuffle to the adjacent side when he lost his balance momentarily; time stopped, arms left his side by about 3/4" followed by a detectable waving of the hands to regain balance. And finally, after performing an astonishing balancing act, he was grabbed by one of the mourning family members. And just like that...... it was over.
    But it wasn't!
    I was in tears laughing as quietly as possible within an envelope of silence; beads of sweat..... you know the kind... embarrassment sweat... were on my brow. I did get a few disapproving looks but I was committed to my subversive humorous outburst. It still cracks me up now.

Challenge - can any of you beat this and is it a case of some of us having a highly intelligent acute sense of humor?

Go on... I dare ya!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

About a year ago, a work mate was out for a few days after his granda died. I asked my manager when he was going to be back in work, he said that he tried to ring him but he couldnt get through. Which i replied 'Well, maybe his phones dead too'!?I taught it was funny :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Lucifer

• Registered Users Posts: 4,718 ✭✭✭The Mad Hatter

adagio wrote: »
    This is a shout out to those of us who find humor in unusual and sometimes socially unacceptable situations.
    For instance:
    I was attending a friends mom's funeral. The death was unexpected, therefore it was a startling and somber moment.While in the heady grip of grief and at the burial the priest nearly, I repeat nearly fell into the grave. He was in front of the grave and started to shuffle to the adjacent side when he lost his balance momentarily; time stopped, arms left his side by about 3/4" followed by a detectable waving of the hands to regain balance. And finally, after performing an astonishing balancing act, he was grabbed by one of the mourning family members. And just like that...... it was over.
    But it wasn't!
    I was in tears laughing as quietly as possible within an envelope of silence; beads of sweat..... you know the kind... embarrassment sweat... were on my brow. I did get a few disapproving looks but I was committed to my subversive humorous outburst. It still cracks me up now.

Challenge - can any of you beat this and is it a case of some of us having a highly intelligent acute sense of humor?

Go on... I dare ya!

Laughter is a natural reaction to grief or stressful situations. Were I there, I'd have pushed the priest in;)

Well, probably not

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 Ham Sandwich

Hate when a fit of the giggles sets in at times like this! And nothing you can do but let it out!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,487 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

Sing a song of incest,
    Imprisoned for a while.
    3 inbreds and their mother,
    And a paedophile.
    When the door was opened,
    the kids began to sing.
    That dirty rotten bastard,
    ****ed us up the ring.

Should just about do the trick...

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

Advertisement