Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Shamrock Rovers - home at last

• 13-03-2009 11:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭

Shamrock Rovers V Sligo Rovers in Tallaght Stadium tonight.

Here'e the first goal from behind the goal, taken remotely.

DEA54C07BAED41C7BE33A9F89D049ACF-800.jpg

and here's the shot from from the sideline

857A91B339704415B03E4801CCC58C31-800.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

Great pictures. Could hear the chanting when we were leaving the square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Valentia

Great stuff! I used to hang out in Glenmalure Park in the early 70's so have an old affection for Rovers. This move could be the making of the LOI not just Rovers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 335 ✭✭acontadino

class

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,165 ✭✭✭nilhg

Those are class shots, well done, hope the match was half as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,300 ✭✭✭CiaranC

Brilliant shots, fair play

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭MrsJohnMurphy

2 fantasitc shots ... any more John?

I am sure the Rovers heritage trust

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/about/heritage-trust

would love to get these printed out to display in the stadium.

was at the game myself and after 20 years following Rovers and 8 years living in Tallaght, tonight was a fantastic occassion.

mjm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

2 fantasitc shots ... any more John?

I am sure the Rovers heritage trust

http://www.shamrockrovers.ie/about/heritage-trust

would love to get these printed out to display in the stadium.

was at the game myself and after 20 years following Rovers and 8 years living in Tallaght, tonight was a fantastic occassion.

mjm

Full gallery of Shamrock Rovers V Sligo Rovers, Tallaght Stadium, Friday 13 March 2009

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

A different angle of the goal:

3352385885_58a14e00e3.jpg

The Huddle

3352381701_6b02615935.jpg

The Fans

3353150588_fcd271f960.jpg

More Here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 829 ✭✭✭pokerface_me

Hi soccerc was just wondering did you take any photos entering the stadium, myself and my daughter were the first official supporters through the turnstiles last night, it gets a mention on page 70 of the Star today but no pics. There was about 10 photographers taking her picture. I would love to get hold of these pictures as a keepsake and for Shamrock Rovers, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Steven.

Fantastic Pictures by the way looking forward to seeing plenty of these this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Great photos lads. I'm sure it was a great event to be at, especially with a good home result.

Let's hope it continues and helps grow the club back to their great days.

• Advertisement

Hi soccerc was just wondering did you take any photos entering the stadium, myself and my daughter were the first official supporters through the turnstiles last night, it gets a mention on page 70 of the Star today but no pics. There was about 10 photographers taking her picture. I would love to get hold of these pictures as a keepsake and for Shamrock Rovers, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers Steven.

Fantastic Pictures by the way looking forward to seeing plenty of these this season.

Stile T17 was the first one opened and this supporter was the first to enter the stadium.

3351860923_8c468a8d09.jpg

There are more photos to see here

soccerc wrote: »
    Stile T17 was the first one opened and this supporter was the first to enter the stadium.

Unfortunatly not, myself and my daughter entered the ground via the family stand nice and early 615pm 1 or 3 strings pulled, verified by The star page 70 today, photographs by mark mc cadden of the star, stadium was empty when i was inside.

Unfortunatly not, myself and my daughter entered the ground via the family stand nice and early 615pm 1 or 3 strings pulled, verified by The star page 70 today, photographs by mark mc cadden of the star, stadium was empty when i was inside.

So you weren't admitted offically when the stiles opened!

Is this you?

3353855910_8abb433d29.jpg

No thats not me, we entered by an official turnstile at the family end, they let about 20 in, myself and my daughter was first and had her photo taken going through the stile, then with 2 rover's official's, then the 2 of us with our season tickets, will try get on to the Star to see what happened the pictures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭shepthedog

Nice shots lads, just putting together a little photo essay of the night here, will have it up in a few hours..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭whyulittle

3354273182_116748307d.jpg

3354271618_2132d70afd.jpg

3354269850_aa60593b81.jpg

3353444729_95b4e03f27.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Great photos is there anyway of saving these some would be great wallpapers. Tried the aul left click save photo job but it only seems to save one pixel. im sure its fairly easy just cant seem to find it anywere.

Thanks

AntoSRFC wrote: »
    Great photos is there anyway of saving these some would be great wallpapers. Tried the aul left click save photo job but it only seems to save one pixel. im sure its fairly easy just cant seem to find it anywere.

Thanks

Anto, the images are copyright ;)

AntoSRFC wrote: »

Thanks

Anto, the images are copyright ;) and this is probably the least likely place you should ask how to circumvent the download restrictions.

Can I get free insurance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 395 ✭✭AntoSRFC

Anto, the images are copyright ;)

Alright sorry man didnt know. And well done there some great photos.

• Advertisement

There was in excess of 10000 image views of the gallery on my Flickr account alone and close to 2000 on Pix.ie

Flabbergasted!

This one alone had 728 views

3351878363_276fa7cebb.jpg

Soccerc as you most probably seen in todays Sundays Irish Star page 52 you were wrong, thanks for your input and better luck next time, please inform your friend in the photo he was probably number 21 into the ground. Any other photo's that you may have of the official 1st supporter into the ground i would be quite happy to purchase. Cheers Steven.

Soccerc as you most probably seen in todays Sundays Irish Star page 52 you were wrong, thanks for your input and better luck next time, please inform your friend in the photo he was probably number 21 into the ground. Any other photo's that you may have of the official 1st supporter into the ground i would be quite happy to purchase. Cheers Steven.

You know something, I don't really care.

If you consider people admitted early, by pulling one or two strings as you openly admit, before the stiles officially opened at 18:45, for a photo op with a few officials to be genuinely the first through the stiles then that's your perogative. I don't buy it! ;)

The event controller, (name withheld) instructed the stiles to be opened at 18:45 and that is recorded in the event log, therefore the ground offically opened at that time. The first person through the stiles was recrded by not only me but a number of photographers.

As for their identity, I've no idea whom he is, I'm not a Rovers fan in any shape or form.

By your reasoning the five or six Ultras , dedicated fans each one, people I've got to know very well over the years, would be the first into the stadium as they were in early that morning set up the fine display on behalf of all Rovers supporters.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Dodgykeeper

I was on there in 1976 we used to pics blackberries on the site! :D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Ok, as far as this thread goes and the forum - which is the photography forum, it is of no consequence whatsoever who was first through the stiles. The OP had no agenda in this regard and as far as my reading of the thread has only tried to be helpful by responding to your requests with no indignation whatsoever. This forum allows a small amount of off topic posting on threads which you have engaged with however for you to retort ".....you were wrong.... better luck next time...." suggests that you have a difficulty with the genuine help which was willingly offered in response to your request. The accuracy of any claim in the above regard is immaterial here and frankly put - believe what you want to believe and enjoy it. Please refrain from further posting on the subject which I'm now deeming inappropriately off topic for this thread.

Advertisement