Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clubs?

Options
  • 14-03-2009 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭

Hey,

Im looking for some help. Im looking to join some clubs. Kinda looking into creative writing, book club or photography. Also something like kick boxing or something similar too.

I tried gumtree but not much there.

Does anyone know where I can find info on these types of clubs?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,032 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

AFAIK there is a photography group on baords, so have a look in the photography forum for that. Mairt is a Judo man, so he should be able to direct you to a local club if you fancy that.

Your local library is also a great place to find clubs or info about local clubs

• Registered Users Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

Gallery of Photography great way to meet similar minds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

you could try toastmasters.

find a club in your local area : http://www.toastmasters.org/find/

its a good way to meet people, improve communication skills and build self confidence.

all clubs welcome guests and there is normally no cover charge for first time visitors.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭gollem_1975

Hi again,

OP - Toastmasters is most definitely something you should consider. everyone is welcome at our meetings, everyone can join, everyone has something to offer and everyone can improve. there are no prerequisite skills or qualifications required to join , or attend a meeting.

my club, Clontarf Marino Toastmasters are having their first meeting in their new venue , Clontarf Castle, on wednesday , April 29th.

the meeting begins at 8.15 and finishes at 10:30.

we break for tea and coffee at about 9:00 and some people go to the bar afterwards.

anyone who wants to come along and see what happens at a Toastmasters meeting is very welcome to attend and there is no cover charge for visitors ( non members ). You are not expected to speak at the meeting and i guarantee you will be entertained.

for further information on Clontarf Marino Toastmasters please check out www.clontarfmarino.com or if you want just post on this thread or PM me.

kind regards,

Gollem

Advertisement