Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

12v Dip Switch wiring

Options
  • 14-03-2009 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭

wiring.gif

I know I am being a moron but here goes

I've a device with red + and Black - wire
    I've a dip switch with a red LED on top that lights when the switch is in the on position. It has 3 spade connectors. Power, ACC & Ground
    I've a 12v battery with red + and black - terminals

How do I wire it up. My first try the switch did turn on and off the device but the red LED on the switch did not light up.

My next attempt I think was successful but I want to double check in case I am slowly melting something :D

I wired the red battery terminal to Power. I wired the red device wire to ACC and I ran a piece of wire from the Ground terminal on the switch, twisted the end of it together with the black wire from the device and connected this twisted pair to the black - terminal on the battery.

Switch turned device on and off and red led on switch came on when the switch was in the on position. Thats what I want, but like I said I haven't left it all connected and turned on long enough to see if smoke starts emanating from things :D

Did I wire it right?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

Did I wire it right?

I would think so.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,379 ✭✭✭DublinDilbert

I've attached a pic of what the circuit should look like....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭2 stroke

if you reverse polarity in DublinDilberts diagram the switch may still work but led won't. Device might work or fry.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,807 ✭✭✭Calibos

Sorry for not getting back to this post to say thank you sooner....

So.....Thanks Guys!!:D

Advertisement