Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to charlesland

Options
  • 14-03-2009 12:37am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

We are thinking about buying a home in the crescent and thought some kind people can give us an insight into life there....we have two kids (B10 G7) and i was wondering if there are many families around that area and if the kids play out together. also im reading alot on the forum about breakins (home and car), is this a real issue, i will be living on a 2nd floor apartment so will be above ground level.

finally, what is it like at night? is it full of rowdy, screaming drunks or is it quiet?
    want to make sure we enter into this with as much info as we can....

thanks in advance to anyone who can offer some some experiences...

jaime

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

It's a really nice place to live. Regarding kids. There are a few around but not many yet. Crime is actually quite rare and no we dont have screaming drunks any more than an Irish suburb or estate.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 Sgriff

Hey, not sure if an option but have you looked at Blacklion Manor located the other side of greystones. Really nice apartments, very safe and quite yet there are kids. I think there are apartments to buy and rent - anyway just a suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭Lumbarda

We've been living here 3 years now and absolutely love it. We find it amazingly quiet given the number of houses that there are, generally, the only disturbance we hear at night is the occasional house alarm going off (which does happen, unfortunately, but you'll get that in any built-up area). We've had friends staying who live in the countryside and have commented on how surprisingly quiet it is so I think that's a good sign! Having said that, we're in a house on the edge of Charlesland so I don't know what it's like living in an apartment here. Most of our neighbours are families so we haven't even really been disturbed too much by parties (Or rowdy screaming drunks!), a few times a year you might hear people out in gardens late at night but that's been the worst of it so far.

Re. safety, we haven't had any problems ourselves so far and feel very safe living here, but we do have a monitored alarm so that might act as a deterrent.

Overall, we feel it was a great decision to move here, we feel it's the best of both worlds, still being within touching distance of the city but also a few minutes away from the sea and beautiful countryside.

Best of luck with whatever you decide. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭fishdog

i was wondering if there are many families around that area and if the kids play out together
    My sister, her husband and their 2 kids lives there. They find the house a bit small but they love living there. They have no desire to move.

They have had issues with both properties they lived in within Charlesland, as have their friends. Plumbing issues, boiler issues, appliance issues, leaks etc. All sorted now, but it cost! I think you will find that properties for sale there now may have these issues sorted long ago.

I have a friend that has a family there and they love it too.
    if the kids play out together
    Yes
    also im reading alot on the forum about breakins (home and car), is this a real issue,
    2 of my sister's neighbours were broken into. But then again this is happening everywhere. I know people that live in Delgany, Kilcoole, Greystones, Willow Grove etc. and they all have neighbours that have been broken into.

That is the way Ireland is going Im afraid! I do not believe that Charlesland is any worse than anywhere else for this.
    finally, what is it like at night? is it full of rowdy, screaming drunks or is it quiet?

It is high density housing and the noise levels are what you would expect for high density housing.

I have not heard of complaints of "screaming drunks".

Everyone I know that lives there (lots of people) are very happy there.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭cuddlycavies

fishdog wrote: »

They have had issues with both properties they lived in within Charlesland, as have their friends. Plumbing issues, boiler issues, appliance issues, leaks,etc

Yep, thats all true. [snip] Ballymore ones are probably best quality and were used as showhouses by the cowboys.

• Advertisement
Advertisement