Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

4th to 5th year

Options
  • 14-03-2009 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,405 ✭✭✭

ok so im a trasintion year student and basically ive been away on trips for the majority of the year and actually have another two weeks away to the states with my class (lucky me :D)

anyyyywaaaay i havent done anything really all year in terms of proper study although i seem to get consitant a's and b's this year (except for irish - C) which is pretty good i guess - doing all higher level

the subjects im doing are
    1.Eng
    2.Irish
    3.Maths
    4.DCG
    5.Geog
    6.Constr.
    7.German

in my junior cert i attained these grades in each
    1.B
    2.C
    3.B
    4.A
    5.B
    6.A
    7.D :o (SHOCKED)

ok i plan to knuckle down again next year so i can study what id like to in college - architecture

id would love tips on how to get back into a study regime from current 5th/6th years and what to concentrate most on

how many hours of study to put in each night in 5th and 6th year, how many subjects should i study a night and how long will i study for? with or without breaks also

cheers guys and thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

All I'll say is kick your arse at the start of 5th year, I found it nearly impossible to get back into studying/homework in 5th year because I done 4th year.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭caroline1111

I did absolutely nothing in 4th year, don't worry about that as most people don't do the year at all. For 5th year just try and do about 2 and a half hours (including homework) every night and keep up with everything in class. As for 6th year.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Aoifey!

Well I'm in 5th year and don't study really at all, but that's my own stupid choice. My career guidance teacher says to do 3 hours of homework and study a night, although I find that some nights if I do all my homework it can take up to 3 hours or more without study (but then again my accounting takes like an hour to 2 hours)

Advertisement