Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom, Unidentified Network

Options
  • 14-03-2009 12:51am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭

Hi, Im running windows 7, I had eircom working for like 2 months now on it and I plugged out the ethernet cable for 2 days so I could use it on my old pc, And worked, Today I plugged back in and now my pc isnt reading it at all I just get unidentified network, I even tried putting in a usb network adapter and I cant connect to any network at all not even my brothers network, But I can connect to my eircom on my laptop/ps3 wireless but it aint picking up on my pc, Ive completley formatted my pc and reinstalled windows 7 and Its still not picking it up :( can anyone help me please

Thanks

Akenny

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

Have you checked in device manager to ensure that the ethernet card is working?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭akenny01

yep, I clicked diagnose and everything comes back fine :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,675 ✭✭✭exaisle

Try this:

http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?p=1377

Im afraid I know "nutting" about Windows 7....

Although, if all else fails, perhaps consider buying/borrowing a wireless card and see if that allows you to connect....

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

I am not clear on whether your pc previously had windows 7 on it and worked or whether putting w7 on it has caused the problem? If it is the latter are you sure that w7 has a driver in it for your ethernet card?

yeah it worked with windows 7 since the beta came out and all a sudden after being off for 2 days it just went like this

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

you need to associate with the network, in network click on lan (its hidden in W7) changwe device settings. DHCP is finicky at best with W7

set an IP4 IP like

ip 192.168.1.2
    subnet 255.255.255.0
    gateway 192.168.1.1/254 which is your router.

Dns same as router

you will then get 2 networks one is home and other is internet.

btw its actuallly a good feature, now anyone know how to setup a gaming lan with W7 pc and an xp laptop :D:D

hey guys thanks for the reply, Noting I have tried has worked as of yet still :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 837 ✭✭✭CutzEr

Hello Moss speaking, Have you tried turning it off and on again?

hehe

are you sure its plugged in, the light on the side, is it glowing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,858 ✭✭✭paulm17781

Could it be Windows firewall?

• Advertisement
Advertisement