Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Got an EA-orchestra gig in Exchange Dublin tomorrow, hope it goes well!

Glad to hear it went well.I've a lot of time for Exchange Dublin, good heads around it. I live pretty far out from where a lot of that stuff emerged (the old days out in Greystones when kids were literally bringing good American bands over off their own back) but I've great time for their DIY ethos.

I'm keener on Seomra Spraoi (A similar set up, only its autonomously run, so has to come up with its own funds seperate of the council. In some ways this is good, as you can do BYOB nights etc., but in other ways it means finding money can be a nightmare) but what Exchange is doing is ****ing brilliant.

Need more spots like both of 'em in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Well, goodnight everyone!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

....how drunk I am rght now.

Or rather how drunk i was earlier and such.

I saw a match.

I don't rememebr the last 29 mins.

I made a video commenting on BOD's (apparently) awesome try.

I don't remember.

I went to keily's.

I don't remember.

i pissed in an alleyway and shouted cos i was told to be quiet (possibly peed on my housemates' jacket).

i don't remember.

i ate in baggot street BK.

i don't remember.

i consistantly asked my friend where we were ("Like we're on Baggot street in Dubin?!?!?!")

i dunnae remember.

we got the bus.

i don't remember.

we threw some shapes in Mantra.

I FUCCKING REMEMBERED! :eek:

P.S. I couldn't find the "Post here if u iz drunk thread"

P.P.S.

That means I cou;ldn't be bothered searching.

• Advertisement

Out having my first few drinks since "the snow" happened.

Some ban-garda comes in about 3.30AM to shut the club down. I was like "alright, I'll finsh up and hit the road".

LEAVE YER PINT AND GET OUT

"OI! LOVE! surely you have a village in Mayo or some travel agents to smash up first no?"

Dirty looks all around, downed my pint and hit the road. Me 1 , Her 0.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Started off light:
    124711085081.png

Until:
    3655429578178168964do.jpg

Got up to:
    wtf-pics-they-are-dead.jpg
    wtf-pics-bear-in-surf.jpg
    1389.jpg
    633502081079603594-they-see-me-rollin.jpg

Now needs:
    1178392373743.jpg
    wtf_pics-vader-water-filter.jpg

And that's what I imagine Funky's night to have been, regardless of the facts laid out in his post.

Enough ****. To bed!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Out having my first few drinks since "the snow" happened.

Some ban-garda comes in about 3.30AM to shut the club down. I was like "alright, I'll finsh up and hit the road".

LEAVE YER PINT AND GET OUT

"OI! LOVE! surely you have a village in Mayo or some travel agents to smash up first no?"

Dirty looks all around, downed my pint and hit the road. Me 1 , Her 0.

What's wrong with Mayo? :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

What's wrong with Mayo? :(

I knew that was coming :D

Wanna say thank you to whichever Mod deleted my drunken thread last night. I clicked on usercp just there with one eye closed, really expecting the worst.

• Advertisement

Nothing wrong with Mayo, lovely part of the world (Roscommon/Leitrim blood, so up the Whest), was just drunkenly winding her up over Rossport.

Between that and my Dads infamous episode in work (firemen booted a door in, Guards went a bit mad, somebody responded "I heard there were female travel-agents hiding inside"), we're getting very good at trolling the police.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Anyone know when they'll release all the info on RAG week ie. groups, times, etc. ??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Usually a couple of weeks into the 2nd Semester...the exec kept banging on about there being Rag days or something throughout the year, in addition to Rag Week.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Duddy wrote: »
    Usually a couple of weeks into the 2nd Semester...the exec kept banging on about there being Rag days or something throughout the year, in addition to Rag Week.
    Thanks, rag days ?? So basically Xmas days except there at random times during the year :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Something like that yeah, SU president announced it at UC, *cue gasps from reps* then told us there would still be a RAG Week:p

Haven't heard anything about them yet, but then again, I don't go out:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I officially despise exams, so much so that I am in a half a mind of turning up to my Modernism exam tomorrow and saying "Not everybody wanted to do Ulysses, some of us wanted to do DH Lawrence, so why did the Ulysses lectures last 3 weeks and we only got 2 lectures on DH Lawrence?" and then go into a rant about the other things that annoy me about Maynooth, the library, the 67a and people using facebook in the PACRs.

I haz a major grump right now and even though my primary gripe is with myself for being so lazy and last-minute-ish, I'm in one of those moods where it's also the department's fault, it's moodle's fault, it's the internet's fault, it's DH Lawrence's fault, it's Florence and the Machine's fault for having their songs stuck in my head all day......

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

i hate hate hate exams.

Exams really only work on certain subjects in my opinion.

Not a great way of grading some arts subjects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Exams really only work on certain subjects in my opinion.

Not a great way of grading some arts subjects.

That's what I'm saying! Thank you FP.

My problem with English is that I do well in essays, and I'm not being up my own arse, but I put a lot of decent, hard work into my essays, I spend a lot of time making them coherent and as original as possible. An essay usually takes me about three weeks to put together all my research, written and get edited until I'm happy with it. And I get good marks.

In an exam, I can't do all the research I'd like because we're still expected to quote or paraphrase from critical readings but always reference who we're quoting and we get heavily penalised if the entire essay is "original" material (which basically is Leaving Cert stuff, giving your opinion and all, or using other people's work but not referencing them). So I somehow have to retain all of the critical information in my head, as well as my own information which is the foundation for the exam question, and also have several alternative answers and criticisms lined up just in case what I have prepared doesn't come up. And then on the day, I have to feckin regurgitate whatever has managed to cling to the inside of my frazzled brain, resulting in a less coherent, less polished and definatley lesser quality answer than if I'd been given two weeks, three weeks to put together an essay.

I am not a morning person, nor am I an exam person, and I'm currently wrecking my own head studying for a 9.30am exam tomorrow. Deadly. :rolleyes:

apologies for le rant, currently very frustrated :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I think we all need a bit of Monty Python to cheer us up.

allandanyways, you'll be fine for tomorrow, don't worry :)

Modernism = :mad:

And also, that rant is spot on. I don't understand how we're expected to write a mini essay referencing a load of criticism in one hour! I get that stressed going into exams I can hardly remember what to write, let alone the names of four or five authors.

I dislike college so much this year it's not even funny.

• Advertisement

Wanna say thank you to whichever Mod deleted my drunken thread last night. I clicked on usercp just there with one eye closed, really expecting the worst.

I put a lot of work into my response in that thread :(

Also, a lot of subjects really aren't examinable by exam. But it's how the college is organised to make everyone's life easier :( I think some of our music history exams should have been purely oral to stop those people who know nothing but learn off a bunch off essays the night before. It would show how much the person really understood, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 558 ✭✭✭Kazuma

Arrrgh!
    What kind of twat trolls moodle? Seriously! Perhaps if you devoted the same time to studying that you do being an attention seeking arsehole you'd do better (and if you've already got firsts all round, then just plain fukc off and let us work in peace!).
    /rant.

meh

That is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

you have Tom Dunne to thank for that :)

Is it completely gone? Its just that I really wanted to see Banquo's reply, he tells me it was epic! Could you merge it into this one? Its kind of annoying me now as to what I said....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

You pretty much just told us how drunk you were, where you went, and the words "I dont remember" repeatedly.

Trolling moodle is wrong

:pac:

I'm far too cheerful to study!

PLEASE undelete the thread :(

• Advertisement

banquo! You were in my dream last night :o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement