Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Ow my....me

• Registered Users Posts: 381 ✭✭ash xxx

Does anyone roughly know when the exam results will be out??

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

ash xxx wrote: »
    Does anyone roughly know when the exam results will be out??

They all come out individually.

They all come out individually.

Really? When I was in DCU, all the undergrad results came out the same day. :( Are they usually out mid/late Feb??

ash xxx wrote: »
    Really? When I was in DCU, all the undergrad results came out the same day. :( Are they usually out mid/late Feb??

Well this is Maynooth ;)

They give you your results for the exams, but it just whenever your lecturer is ready to give them out. As far as I know they are just preliminary results until you sit the semester two exams and then they'll give you a final result overall sometime in July I think.

Edit: I was still getting results by March last year.

• Advertisement

Well this is Maynooth ;)

They give you your results for the exams, but it just whenever your lecturer is ready to give them out. As far as I know they are just preliminary results until you sit the semester two exams and then they'll give you a final result overall sometime in July I think.

Edit: I was still getting results by March last year.

:eek: Sounds like a delightful system alright. As long as none of them back with ugly F's on them, I'll be happy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

They come out department by department. Results aren't released until all the results within that department are compiled. And the results you receive are provisional and are not ratified by the exam board.

Fun times. Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

banquo wrote: »
    For xbox?

Might get around to borrowing that off you ;)

Mwahahahahaha, PS3 only!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

OMG, is it just me or does PrivateEye look like Marty McFly's dad when he goes to 1955?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

OMG, is it just me or does PrivateEye look like Marty McFly's dad when he goes to 1955?
    *looks at PrivateEye's photo

GREAT SCOTT BARLEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

George McFly for President! **** I love those movies.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

Don't need money, don't take fame, don't need no credit card to ride this train :D

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jamesie_boy

Would it be rare enough to see a result being changed after the external examiners ratify and review it and all that shizz? As far as I know the point of them reviewing the exams is to prevent bias and unfair leaning towards your own students when marking.

Just a bit worried I might get a decent result in an exam then go down:(

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

That almost never happens. If you're in final year or PG it's slightly more likely, but still. Don't worry about it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

In my experience, I've never seen it happen.

They can change slightly but if you got 75% you're not gonna come out with 50% or something mad like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    They can change slightly but if you got 75% you're not gonna come out with 50% or something mad like that.

Trudat. Haven't heard of anyone having their marks changed...

HATE waiting for results!!:(

The NUIM website is driving me up the wall. All I want to do is find the modules descriptions and I can't! I can find the names of the modules with a description and then a list of the module course codes but no comprehensive list that means I can actually put down the modules I want.... ARGH!

Go to the department website? Not the student services part.

• Advertisement

It's no use. I tried. Allandanyways gave me a link but it doesn't do the job either :(

I remember there was one while I was registering in september but I can't find it now :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Think I seen something like that on the international Office website, something like "this is what you do if you study here" kinda thing..
    Perhaps the Calendar will also have it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Have you tried the student timetable?

Yeah. That's my timetable, it gives me the classes I'm registered for but two of the clash so I need to swap but I can't tell which classes correspond to which course codes! ARGH!!

My timetable is missing a class, boo-urns!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Yeah. That's my timetable, it gives me the classes I'm registered for but two of the clash so I need to swap but I can't tell which classes correspond to which course codes! ARGH!!

If you click the little course codes do you not get a module description page? I do...

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

type this in to google should be the first link: nuim module descriptors

Monday! No college til 3pm, sweet as.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Hmm, next lecture's in two different places :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

Same with the one I had, there were 2 options in the Seminar though!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement