Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

banquo wrote: »
    To clarify: Mantra after Brady's?

That's so crazy it just might work. Apparently it's free into Mantra tonight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

The hidden cost is a small piece of your soul.

As long as it's hidden...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

irish_goat wrote: »
    That's so crazy it just might work. Apparently it's free into Mantra tonight too.
    Free in only before 10pm tonight. However, if you do go in before 10pm you get a free drink and the cloak room is free.

Any other queries?

Can I save on long-distance phone calls?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Seroiusly....Why?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Why what?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

Library was so so so so quiet this evening, twas absolutley b-e-a-utiful. :D

Awh I was tempted to head over around 6ish but was just too cranky :D

Why Mantra?!! Rob I'm shocked!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Why Mantra?!! Rob I'm shocked!
    *sticks nose in*

Actually, which is Mantra?

I'm not around Mayn. enough these days to keep up!

• Advertisement

Mantra is where the LA used to be :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

Would it be safe enough to get tickets for the gathering next week ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

cian1500ww wrote: »
    Would it be safe enough to get tickets for the gathering next week ??
    I imagine it would be okay. They'll hardly sell out that quick will they?

There is so much drama going on in peoples' lives lately, it's like a frickin soap opera.

I get the feeling there's almost an unlimited supply of The Gathering tickets. Wouldn't worry.

NOT HAPPY.

Just saw on the SU facebook that lectures on the 3rd of March are cancelled from 12oc to facilitate that poxy festival thing.

How the fcuk did the SU manage to convince the university to do that?

Sorry but I'm in Final year and I have finals in May and at this stage, every lecture hour is important so am I expected to miss out on a normal lecture AND have to go to lectures that will have to be re-arranged when I'm supposed to be studying for Finals just so a bunch of poxy feckers can bop around and pretend they're at Oxegen ("but like, it's in maynooth so it'll be toshally focking epic" - 2nd Year in the toilets today) ?!

Seriously not impressed, not everybody wants to take part in that shíte.

I am seriously going to regret living on campus on that day.

I am seriously going to regret living on campus on that day.

Get ready for them! Every fcuking time I stay on campus some arsehole is playing those at 5 in the morning. It's the trumpety things in the second one that really piss me off. :mad:

I don't have lectures that day, but my God thats a load of ****e.

I might head home to wexford til the thursday morning.

That's insane! I've a thesis class at 12pm which I really can't miss despite the hospital appt and all that day.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Mantra is where the LA used to be :p

Ah, right ...

*wrinkles nose*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Just saw on the SU facebook that lectures on the 3rd of March are cancelled from 12oc to facilitate that poxy festival thing.

Sorry but I'm in Final year and I have finals in May and at this stage, every lecture hour is important so am I expected to miss out on a normal lecture AND have to go to lectures that will have to be re-arranged when I'm supposed to be studying for Finals just so a bunch of poxy feckers can bop around and pretend they're at Oxegen ("but like, it's in maynooth so it'll be toshally focking epic" - 2nd Year in the toilets today) ?!

I'd very much like to know if any of the registration fee is used to fund this. I had to get a bank loan to come back to college, I'd really prefer if none of my bank loan was used for events I'm not taking part in. I paid to go to college, not to have classes cancelled. If any of the reg fee is used for this thing... then in future I'd love to be asked at registration if I intend to take part such things, and if not, let me pay less in the reg fee. And if none of the reg fee is funding this... then I'm still pissed off because I've to commute four and a half hours for a single 9 o'clock class because this thing means the rest of my classes are cancelled. Bah feckin humbug.

mickstupp wrote: »
    I'd very much like to know if any of the registration fee is used to fund this. I had to get a bank loan to come back to college, I'd really prefer if none of my bank loan was used for events I'm not taking part in. I paid to go to college, not to have classes cancelled. If any of the reg fee is used for this thing... then in future I'd love to be asked at registration if I intend to take part such things, and if not, let me pay less in the reg fee. And if none of the reg fee is funding this... then I'm still pissed off because I've to commute four and a half hours for a single 9 o'clock class because this thing means the rest of my classes are cancelled. Bah feckin humbug.

Same! Almost none of the reg fees go back into the college: some of it goes to the SU and the college matches that doubly, and the bulk goes back to the state to offset some of the cost of fees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭ontour

NOT HAPPY.

That means I wont have any lectures the Wednesday either, kinda annoying... dont have €35 for a ticket... Where abouts is it gonna be? The pitches, is it?
    Actually wouldn't mind going if I had money!! Any more acts announced?

@allandanyways - Those songs make me want to kill people! God darn rowdy first years and their musical tastes which I don't understand *rabble rabble*

On a side note, how much do I love the reading list for the postmodernism module! :D /nerd

@allandanyways - Those songs make me want to kill people! God darn rowdy first years and their musical tastes which I don't understand *rabble rabble*

On a side note, how much do I love the reading list for the postmodernism module! :D /nerd

It's fab, and World Lit II isn't shaping up too badly either.

Still majorly annoyed about this Gathering ****e, especially considering that mickstupp is probably right and we are paying for this even if we don't want to go the poxy thing :mad: Seriously disappointed in the SU.

the idea behind this is to allow the maximum ammount of both students and staff to participate in the biggest charity focused musical event that Maynooth has ever had :)

From Facebook, when someone asked about lectures being cancelled.

Are they gathering more money on the day?

There's always ads for DCU on this forum, lawlz.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Was anyone else handed one of those 20% taxi discount cards in the arts building on Wednesday? The ones that were valid until the end of 2009??????

Way to increase business, guys :rolleyes:

Har.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭jamesie_boy

El Pr0n wrote: »
    Was anyone else handed one of those 20% taxi discount cards in the arts building on Wednesday? The ones that were valid until the end of 2009??????

Way to increase business, guys :rolleyes:

Yup I got one from them. I noticed the fact straight away and threw it into the bin without a care. Needless to say it probably didn't go down too well with the taxi folk! :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement