Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

Rozabeez wrote: »
    We've moved it to town, it's an open invitation really....Jimmy Chungs/Alcohol is always good. Don't forget our drunken meeting outside the bathrooms when I told you drunkenly about so-and-so being a hottie!

When he was in fact a total nottie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Scored him anyway.

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Scored him anyway.

Shocker.

:P

AND I'D DO IT AGAIN!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Somebody take away my internet plz.

lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Ha! I love that guy.

banquo wrote: »
    Ha! I love that guy.
    Used to be my profile pic on bebo, back in the day...

I am indeed a shiny llama.

I think I've basically taken my own study week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

I took a study half-day, to do a lab write up, which I just found out isn't due for another two weeks.le sigh.

Had a fry for the first time in 4 years though:) even if it was Quorn.

Does anyone want to adopt a 5 year old black labrador? I can't deal with him anymore.

• Advertisement

My friend Eli is home from France yay :D

Maynooth is so nice when it's sunny outside.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Red_Niamh

Was INCREDIBLY happy to see a bit of sun today - not-withstanding that I'm a recovering goth - I'm not sure I can take any more crappy weather!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Lovely day alright. Playing football on the pitch, although seriously tiring, was a pleasure.

I didn't even wear a jacket today!?

And I ate Ice cream?! :eek:

Legging it to Maynooth at 7pm in a sundress and crap shoes = FREEZING!

Fair play, walking to the Mill for lunch was the sum total of exercise I had for the day!

Actually, was wondering, (with the exception of illegal or rude things!!) what do people do to boost energy levels around exam times? I'm doing classes at night so two nights a week I go straight from the SU to college until 10pm and this weekend I have full days of seminars. So far I've been eating mars bars to keep me awake through classes but my waistline won't thank me for it, tried fruit yesterday & still felt the head nodding in class...!

Help!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Red_Niamh wrote: »
    Fair play, walking to the Mill for lunch was the sum total of exercise I had for the day!

Actually, was wondering, (with the exception of illegal or rude things!!) what do people do to boost energy levels around exam times? I'm doing classes at night so two nights a week I go straight from the SU to college until 10pm and this weekend I have full days of seminars. So far I've been eating mars bars to keep me awake through classes but my waistline won't thank me for it, tried fruit yesterday & still felt the head nodding in class...!

Help!

My housemate swears by apples and if we're driving back to Donegal in the evening he normally stops halfway to buy one cause they're "better than red bull".

A few cups of tea in quick succession or a daytime nap if possible are good for me.

Porridge/Quick oat and bananas. Plenty of water too!

Not a snowballs chance of a nap, but apples are do-able, and I'll try the quickoats, but unless they are baked into banana bread or muffins, bananas are a NO-NO!! Yeuch!

Gonna try both tomorrow & keep a mars bar in my bag.. just in case! :rolleyes:

Thank you! Any other tricks & tips GREATLY appreciated!

Getting off the pooter & to bed at a reasonable hour might just help too...

Night Boardsies!

• Advertisement

I know it's not nice but if you keep yourself slightly cooler than you normally are I find it helps. Stops me getting sleepy. I'm mad for redbull in those situations. Although one can lasts me the day cause I rarely drink the stuff. Like Roz said, loads of water will help. Why don't you try those breakfast bars? I know they're not exactly mad healthy or anything and I think they might be more designed for hunger rather than energy but they've got to be better than mars bars. :)

Also, grab a bag of mixed fruit and nuts.

Edit for cheesy joke: You'll find a few of em around here heh heh heh..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭masherella88

irish_goat wrote: »
    My housemate swears by apples and if we're driving back to Donegal in the evening he normally stops halfway to buy one cause they're "better than red bull".

A few cups of tea in quick succession or a daytime nap if possible are good for me.

it's actually true...apples help you wake up...more so than caffeine! couldn't find a proper article to back me up but i do believe it is true!

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Does anyone know where you can find an eye doctor in Maynooth? I know there's one in Manor Mills, but are there any more?

couldn't find a proper article to back me up but i do believe it is true!

If only we could use that excuse when writing essays.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭mp3guy

Wendero wrote: »
    Does anyone know where you can find an eye doctor in Maynooth? I know there's one in Manor Mills, but are there any more?

You're looking for an Optician.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

mp3guy wrote: »
    haven't seen one lately...../shameless joke

mp3guy wrote: »

Yes, he is. Have you any suggestions as to where he might go?

http://www.gildea.ie/site/opticians

Down the lane beside O'Neills on the main street.

• Advertisement

Ugh, must go learn. Watch out for me getting fired in work tonight if anyone is around!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement