Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

whutcha do??:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

KFM van was a bit depressing today, could hear some sort of on-air Bingo when I was walking in to the JH.

"All the fives, 55"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Working in a shop would be grand if it wasn't for the customers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Working in a shop would be grand if it wasn't for the customers.
    I imagine very much so.

Whoever is having a party on campus right now needs to go and die. I don't want to hear that fucking Katy Perry song with the whistling EVER AGAIN.

They appear to also have a DJ too, wtf.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Red_Niamh

Update on the energy food... or not! :( Didn't make it to Dunnes to grab apples and oats, so ended up with another Mars bar! Will attempt to sort myself with fruit for the weekend classes and do some wii fit to make up for it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

I imagine very much so.

Whoever is having a party on campus right now needs to go and die. I don't want to hear that fucking Katy Perry song with the whistling EVER AGAIN.

Which party is that ?? Seems to be a few on :rolleyes:

I'm TIRED!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,494 ✭✭✭Columbia

I hear that philosopher Roger Scruton is pencilled in to give a lecture in Maynooth (in April, possibly. This is all only hearsay at the moment, I couldn't find anything online to back it up).

Read just the initial paragraph of the following to get an idea of what an absolute weapon this guy is;
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3636798/This-right-for-gays-is-an-injustice-to-children.html

He's an extreme right-winger, who is vocally opposed to homosexuality (even though he generally only talks about marriage, it's clear from this article and others that he wants all forms of homosexuality pushed underground or, even better, done away with altogether).

After the massive deal people made out of the Bertie Ahern thing, I'll be interested to see if there is any reaction to this, if it does go ahead.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

I imagine very much so.

Village? There was a dj at one there I was at for a while. Music was far too loud, even if you were pissed. However, they're were only two lads there including myself so I cared little.:P

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Wendero

Does anyone know any place (in the Dublin area) which shows Sweden - Belarus tomorrow?:(

I'm going to try to watch it online otherwise, but the uni seems to block sopcast and other important programs. Swedish TV shows it, but you can't access it without a Swedish IP. Then, you need a VPN, and that's blocked as well.

/John

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Wendero wrote: »
    Does anyone know any place (in the Dublin area) which shows Sweden - Belarus tomorrow?:(

I'm going to try to watch it online otherwise, but the uni seems to block sopcast and other important programs. Swedish TV shows it, but you can't access it without a Swedish IP. Then, you need a VPN, and that's blocked as well.

/John

Take your laptop to somewhere with wifi. I'd say sopcast won't be blocked by pubs/cafes that have it. Failing that, check if there's any football on, if there's not I'm sure most pubs in town wouldn't mind putting the Sweden game on.

K4t wrote: »
    Village? There was a dj at one there I was at for a while. Music was far too loud, even if you were pissed. However, they're were only two lads there including myself so I cared little.:P
    Yeah it must have been that one. I'm going to have to try and forget the pain of hearing the Jedward song :pac: Lol @ the lack of fellas at it, I assume you enjoyed your night ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

Columbia wrote: »
    I hear that philosopher Roger Scruton is pencilled in to give a lecture in Maynooth (in April, possibly. This is all only hearsay at the moment, I couldn't find anything online to back it up).

Read just the initial paragraph of the following to get an idea of what an absolute weapon this guy is;
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/comment/personal-view/3636798/This-right-for-gays-is-an-injustice-to-children.html

He's an extreme right-winger, who is vocally opposed to homosexuality (even though he generally only talks about marriage, it's clear from this article and others that he wants all forms of homosexuality pushed underground or, even better, done away with altogether).

After the massive deal people made out of the Bertie Ahern thing, I'll be interested to see if there is any reaction to this, if it does go ahead.

... noted :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

Possibly connected to Mark Dooley writing that book about him... and I think there's an entire postgrad module on his philosophy...
    I'd love to hear him speak... not that I agree with him on that particular subject.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

*wonders how many boards profiles will be abandoned after the elections, namely a few belonging to people he knows

I just watched last night's episode of Eastenders again, I am such a spa :pac: Poor Bradley :(

I neeeeeeeeed to start work on my thesis.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

I neeeeeeeeed to start work on my thesis.

Another passenger for Procrastination Station? Welcome aboard. :D

Trying to catch up on everything I missed last week, keep ending up playing stupid games on mindjolt.

Another passenger for Procrastination Station? Welcome aboard. :D

Trying to catch up on everything I missed last week, keep ending up playing stupid games on mindjolt.

Procrastination Station, laaaaav it :D and yes. Your post made me google mindjolt, it would appear the procrastination won't stop just yet! :pac:

The internet is SO SLOW! aaarrrgh

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭leopoldbloom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

My head is now officially after playing that.

EDIT: Seriously, look at what that game did to me! ^^^^^

• Advertisement

Jesus christ, I actually feel sick after playing that game.

Combine on mindjolt ftw!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

holy mackerel!

As someone who played no small part in "the Bertie Ahern thing", I can tell you I'll be right there again if somebody organises against this one. In fact, if somebody doesn't, I'll do my best to start things off.

The guys past comments on immigration are an absolute disgrace.

Granted, he's not in the same field as David Irving, but he's still not the kind of man w ho should be walking about a University campus unchallenged.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Ataxia

It depends on what form the challenge takes though. I'd be happy to protest against him as a person, but not to get the talk cancelled.

Ditto.

I meant as in an organised protest. The guy is not a 'fascist' as such, a No Platform policy doesn't really apply.

Just got drenched after work in the goddamn Maynooth snow!

FUCK OFF SNOW!

theres snow in maynooth?

jpcarlow wrote: »
    theres snow in maynooth?
    Yes, and lots of it.

• Advertisement

Yes, and lots of it.
    how bad is it? photos?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement