Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,283 ✭✭✭PrivateEye

Relax, it was only mobile phones.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Ataxia

PrivateEye wrote: »
    Relax, it was only mobile phones.

And blood diamonds.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Ironical, I'm planning on the chinese and cans tonight as well. Newtown, as its the closest.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Assignments assignments assignments.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

banquo wrote: »
    Assignments assignments assignments.

Translation will be the death of me. NO I DON'T KNOW WHY I WROTE IT LIKE THAT, I JUST DID. According to my tutor, that's when you know that you're starting to become fluent. No, that's when you were spending 4 hours and 3 cans of Red Bull trying to do a poxy translation and you physically cannot find another way to conjugate that verb. Nearly there though, thank fook.

On plus side, I haz a interview on Thursday. Have to go buy some sort of interview outfit tomorrow, don't think my usual cardi-jeans-converse attire is going to get me this job. Sigh, if only.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I remember assignments..... :pac:

Currently in the middle of a long rambly facebook conversation, if anyone actually cops on what we're talking about within the crypticness I'm fcuked :D

Were you in Postmodernism today Shauna? I could have sworn I saw boards on the list of websites/thingys where we supposedly have virtual lives, I wanted to correct her but then I wasn't sure if you were in the class to back me up :P

cos we ain't no keyboard warriors. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Aldebaran

Were you in Postmodernism today Shauna? I could have sworn I saw boards on the list of websites/thingys where we supposedly have virtual lives, I wanted to correct her but then I wasn't sure if you were in the class to back me up :P

cos we ain't no keyboard warriors. :cool:

I was at that lecture today but I don't remember hearing or seeing anything about boards? Then again, a lot went on in that lecture that completely bypassed my brain!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

I was indeed :D I'm a posthumanist cyborg! Yeah, we're not keyboard warrior, boardsies rawk :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 RiveredHouse

just back from the newtown and went for the pints and food in the bar. they do baskets of food from the chinese for a fiver. I hear the orient is the nicest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I have no money full stop...so no chinese take outs this week! =[
    Had a yummy dinner in the Orient last night, ended up organising paying the bill and splitting it for nine or ten people...was quite complicated!
    Met Duddy last night too! Nice guy!

Oh and even though I'm a veggie the guts of five years...I have only recently found out I love tofu! yay!

Assignments up to my eyes this week...and I have about 3 plays and 3 books to read. I actually have to read during reading week. BAH!!!

Aldebaran wrote: »
    I was at that lecture today but I don't remember hearing or seeing anything about boards? Then again, a lot went on in that lecture that completely bypassed my brain!

I keep forgetting you're in my English class Aldebran, sorry :o

Yeah when she was talking about the taking photos being more important than actually doing what you're taking a picture of, she had a slide about cyber-worlds, and then she had a thing about social networking and she had a list, facebook, bebo, boards, yada yada. Didn't say boards.ie, so she could have been referring to any kind of message board, but when you spend as much time on boards as I do, and then you hear someone say "boards", you just put them together.

*steps away from keyboard*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Orient is class.

Large bag of chips and fried noodles for €5.30. Stuffed after it whereas I'd still be starving after a meal from a chipper for a dearer price. Chinese from now on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

My muscles ache. *Sobs*

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Rozabeez wrote: »
    My muscles ache. *Sobs*

Same here, played football in Leixlip last night with a bunch of lads who were all were all way better than me. Bloody knackered myself trying to keep up. The freezinness didn't help things either.

Stay outta my town!

I've started using the weights, bad idea. I'm owiee....thank god for painkillers!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

Rozabeez wrote: »
    My muscles ache. *Sobs*
    irish_goat wrote:
    Same here, played football in Leixlip last night with a bunch of lads who were all were all way better than me. Bloody knackered myself trying to keep up. The freezinness didn't help things either.

Snap! Same here, was playing football on the astroturf today for the first time in ages. Was expecting a half-pitch 5 a side, but ended up being about 20 of us on a full pitch.

I am so unfit. I was literally gasping for air at the end of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Mid rag week I had one of my "Got to get my life together moments"...

Went for a jog on Sunday evening and Monday morning :(

My shin bones hurt and I was jogging for like 10 minutes each time, I'm a disgrace

May I just inform all Moyglare Abbey Residents the 3 minute walk is back!!!
    The gap is now open!
    I do not know who did it or how it happened, the Residents Association may close it soon so make use of it while you can!!!
    Just thought I'd share the happiness I felt this morning when I saw it was open!!!
    Yay!!

Barleybooley...you may now have your tea in peace! xx

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

How do you use the wireless printer in the arts block? I tried the nuim website but all I got was info on how to order a printer for myself. :rolleyes:

• Advertisement

As far as I know, you search printers when you hit "Print" and the printer Arts block either A or b, which ever comes up. It's the only wireless printer there. Then hit print!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I think there's some software I've to download first but I can't find it. There's no option for me to just print it in my printing options.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Just did the 24 hour bounceathon with the trampoline club in the big sports hall! Did anyone on here hear about us? I wasn't around for the start of it, I don't know how well the advertising went.

Also, just sat a few seats away from funky penguin without realising it was him until he left. I think I may have accidentally snubbed him :o

I went down yesterday evening and had a bounce...ended up face planting the protective mat but it was fun all the same!
    Joining the club now!

I've got a case of the procrastinatings. I woke up, fell asleep, woke up again, made soup, cleaned stuff.

I don't see cleaning as a procrastination!
    Can't wait to go home and clean my room today. There is a strange man going to be in it to install my new upc telly box, and I don't want weird man smell in my clean room. I have my dad warned to stay in the room while he's there to make sure he doesn't stand on my bed!! :P:P

I admit I'm weird about my room!

It'd take me days to clean my room.

I clean mine all the time!! I'm a neat freak! Nothing like a good clean!
    My daddy calls me Monica :D

• Advertisement

Haha, we're getting you a daddys girl tshirt :p

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement