Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

Same as myself! Currently in the reading room making notes and avoiding said essay!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

I presume most of you knew that the French Dept. Secretary was sacked because of the moratorium on contracted positions. Then, she was reinstated on a part-time basis.

OK, on Monday just gone....her office hours were suddenly returned to full time.

I'm silently happy. Just like this silent change :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Yay for being at home!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

Deadly news JBoyle!!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

I noticed that too! It makes life so much easier. She's so helpful and really knows her way around the french department.

• Advertisement

Presenting the Apple iPie :D

pie.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Pre-ordered.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

I WISH I didn't have to compete with iFood for banquo's affection :(

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Ataxia

LeixlipRed was drinking in my house last night. He was not impressed with the general hygiene.

Ataxia wrote: »
    LeixlipRed was drinking in my house last night. He was not impressed with the general hygiene.

Ataxia very kindly let us paint and store election signs in his apartment in the week running up to polling day. Funny story:

Barry: *staring at windowsill*

Me: ''What is it?''

Barry: (slowly, astonished) ''It's a saucepan... on the windowsill... full of spagetti...''

Barry then spent awhile looking around for other interesting malhygienes.

Us: (painting Rob for VP Comms signs)

Barry: (comes running in) ''There's a teabag in the toilet!!''

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Anyone here doing the Galway Cycle this year? Back from my second training cycle today :D

I keep meaning to fix Beau's name...

o.o your second training cycle? I hope you're really fit already, because it's in less than two weeks...

I'm not doing the Galway cycle this year. I cycled it last year - very tough going. My magic formula was lucozade sports (the orange one) and nutri-grains (the apple ones). They give you loads of stuff en route though (mars bars, powerade, bananas, actual food...). Of course I'm kind of presuming you haven't cycled it before, whereas you could be an utter pro....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

CnaG wrote: »
    o.o your second training cycle? I hope you're really fit already, because it's in less than two weeks...

Ah I'lll get through it! Very different to enjoying it though! I did it four years ago and had a great time. Your right about all the lucozades and cereal bars, you can actually feel it fuel your body and energise you. I play rugby, so the two don't mix that well so I haven't done much training but I reckon after getting through 200k the last two weekends (one of them in extremely hilly Blessington, beautiful by the way you guys gota check out the lake on a sunny day) that I'll manage the relatively flat route to Galway. Spare a fiver if any you guys see me! I haven't started fundraising yet, need to get the ball rolling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

banquo wrote: »
    Ataxia very kindly let us paint and store election signs in his apartment in the week running up to polling day. Funny story:

Barry: *staring at windowsill*

Me: ''What is it?''

Barry: (slowly, astonished) ''It's a saucepan... on the windowsill... full of spagetti...''

Barry then spent awhile looking around for other interesting malhygienes.

Us: (painting Rob for VP Comms signs)

Barry: (comes running in) ''There's a teabag in the toilet!!''

And coffee on the toilet seat. Or so he says!

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    And coffee on the toilet seat. Or so he says!

The coffee is new, so banquo has not seen that. (I spilled coffee on the toilet seat so it now looks like the toilet in Trainspotting).

Why did you bring coffee in to the toilet? :S

Why did you bring coffee in to the toilet? :S

I was emptying a cold cup of coffee into the toilet and it kind of got all over the seat.

I was emptying a cold cup of coffee into the toilet and it kind of got all over the seat.

Sure ya were. Ye pervert!

I don't like this thread anymore. :(

• Advertisement

I don't like this thread anymore. :(

It's ok. I like perverts :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Woah what a very busy weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

What are all ye boardsies doing with your week off?

I am... procrastinating. As usual. English essay just does not want to be done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

I'm attempting to dress up my chronically underused CV, are you supposed to include your date of birth these days?

mickstupp wrote: »
    I'm attempting to dress up my chronically underused CV, are you supposed to include your date of birth these days?

I do, but I think it's a case of personal preference- you could always just put in the day and the month.

It's probably illegal for employers not to hire you on the basis of your age anyway. I'm really clueless about this kind of thing tbh. I always include mine and I'm quite young so if it doesn't work against me of all people, it shouldn't work against you either.

I've done no study today. I pulled everything out of my wardrobes, threw them on the floor, started choosing what to keep/throw away, got through 2 black sacks and got lazy. So essentially, there are clothes all over my floor, I'm no closer to starting my thesis, and I'm hungry.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,483 ✭✭✭Ostrom

Just found out I'm supposed to be in work...

efla wrote: »
    Just found out I'm supposed to be in work...

At 7oc on a Monday?! Sure what'd you be doing?

I miss-timed Aqua fit again, darn!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I'm giving vegetarianism a go. Any veggie Maynoothians? Good places to eat?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement