Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

just use an mp3 player with chill out music or songs that you have listened to a lot. it will block out the talking and after a few minutes you stop concentrating on the music and you wont be getting hysterical.

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Ataxia

Listen to Brian Eno's 'Music for Airports'.

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

5Aces wrote: »
    just use an mp3 player with chill out music or songs that you have listened to a lot. it will block out the talking and after a few minutes you stop concentrating on the music and you wont be getting hysterical.

I really detest people who listen to mp3 players in the library. Especially when you can hear the noise coming out of them, which you often can if it's quiet. I don't want to hear your werp-werp music, thanks all the same (edit: not directed at 5Aces, but at people who listen to music in the library generally!) If you have a problem with noise levels, get ear-muffs. Like the ones they have in shooting galleries - they're great!

*waits for someone to tell me to get ear-muffs and stop complaining about the music*

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

We shouldn't have to get ear-muffs, people should just be kicked around the head for being so rude!

What part of library says rave/internet café/chill-out zone to people?

Only 63 more days...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,168 ✭✭✭Ms. Koi

I rather listening to music than listening to people talking!
    I would wear ear muffs though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭5Aces

I'm glad I dont go to the library now. There seems to be a lot of angry people there.

pp0810i-want-you-to-leave-me-alone-posters.jpg

4446067340_56bc696b10.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭gra26

Yeah. They didn't say "fat bitch" to my face (which makes a change from the lovely people who I ask to get off facebook in the PACRs) but after I asked them to be quiet they started pissing themselves laughing and said it.

I want to throw stuff, heavy stuff that'd hurt, at them, for you. GRRRRR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Hai guize!

I'm bored.

Hai guize!

I'm bored.

Me too. Essay motivation is non existent today.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 152 ✭✭masherella88

Hai guize!

I'm bored.

I've loadsa things due in next week, if you're that bored you can do some for me! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

When's the 3rd installments of the grant coming out? :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭daffodil14

I thought they come out in April. :) Hope they do anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭barleybooley

*waves at barleybooley* that was me giving you the awkward "I-know-you-from-the-interwebz-but-not-well-enough-to-actually-say-hi" look as you were leaving the library today.

I didn't see you :( but I don't know what you look like either :( Introduce yourself, we can rant about library users being inconsiderate of final year students! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,352 ✭✭✭funky penguin

Oh God.

So drunk.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

couldn't resist making this

soq1dh.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

Me too. Essay motivation is non existent today.

I feel your pain..........

Anyone got any idea what the differences between public service broadcasting and community media are? My essay isn't writing itself...

Well, the scale of it would be the most obvious thing. Then, public service media is funded by the state, while community media relies on selling advertising. Public service media deals less with local news stories and more with national stuff... What else, hmm. Are there differences in structure, both in the product and in the way the product is made? I don't know, just stabbing in the dark here :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

My laptopless weekend was....productive.

Anyone have advice on what kind of iPod to buy? After about 7 years of secretly coveting one, but being too stingy to buy one myself, my parents have said they'll buy me an iPod for my birthday (I'm going to be 21 :eek: - I feel so old...:()

The thing is, I can't make up my mind. Would I prefer the very swish iTouch, or the less breakable looking nano, or the huge memory of the iPod classic... I'm leaning towards the nano at the moment, because it comes in that product red line, but you can use wi-fi on the iTouch... I don't think I'd need as much memory as the iPod classic has - I don't have that much music.

So, I thought I'd ask on here. Which, if any, would you go for and why? :)

• Advertisement

CnaG wrote: »
    Anyone have advice on what kind of iPod to buy? After about 7 years of secretly coveting one, but being too stingy to buy one myself, my parents have said they'll buy me an iPod for my birthday (I'm going to be 21 :eek: - I feel so old...:()

The thing is, I can't make up my mind. Would I prefer the very swish iTouch, or the less breakable looking nano, or the huge memory of the iPod classic... I'm leaning towards the nano at the moment, because it comes in that product red line, but you can use wi-fi on the iTouch... I don't think I'd need as much memory as the iPod classic has - I don't have that much music.

So, I thought I'd ask on here. Which, if any, would you go for and why? :)

I have a purple nano 5G (with video camera, although I don't think you can buy it without anymore). I lurve it. I haven't broken it, the Klondike game has put in many a bus journey for me, music is as clear as a bell, and it's really pretty.

Takes about 3 hours to charge which is bollox, but it lasts for ages then so I don't mind.

/waits for resident Apple fanboy banquo to make an appearance. :cool:

@ CnaG - I have an iPod Classic, mainly because I've a ridiculous amount of music :pac: Had it for over two years, it's like my wee baby. I would have cracked up on many a train journey without it! The nanos are pretty cool too, maybe you should go for one of them? There's such pretty colours, and they can hold a good bit I think.

@ CnaG - I have an iPod Classic, mainly because I've a ridiculous amount of music :pac: Had it for over two years, it's like my wee baby. I would have cracked up on many a train journey without it! The nanos are pretty cool too, maybe you should go for one of them? There's such pretty colours, and they can hold a good bit I think.

They are very pretty colours alright. I do like the red one. I've just seen you can get armbands for them as well, and they have a step counter and stuff.

But there's still the wi-fi on the iTouch... and bluetooth. And the touchscreen (obviously :D). Pity it has no camera, though I suppose fewer people would bother buying the iPhone if it did. Hmm.

Maybe I could get an iPod nano and then in a few years if the iPad proves to be all apple are trying to hype it to be, I might get one of those...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

CnaG wrote: »
    Anyone have advice on what kind of iPod to buy?

There's actually an amazing bargain alert in the Consumer section of boards and it's amazing cause the bargain is in "Click" the computer Shop.
    They're doing a Cowon Media player for only €50 these things are meant to be epic and it's another option(a really really good option).

cowon_d2_3.jpg

http://boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055850267

Just to add this player doesn't come with any storage, which is actually a good thing. You use SD memory cards with it, which vary in size from just a few mb to 32gbs+ A seriously good deal here is this 8gb micro sd with normal sd adapter which I'm pretty sure would work with it for only €14.34 delievered! http://www.dealcube.ie/sandisk8gbsandiskmicrosdhcmemorycardwsdadapterbulk-p-145.html?cPath=224_202&osCsid=90435ed16ac7df0b2f376d3ba7496fcc

The best thing about this website is that it's owned by two NUIM students, so keep them in mind :D

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Ian Beale

If you don't need huge memory then the iPod touch hands down, I'm typing this reply on mine :D especially handy when you can't be bothered to carry a laptop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,708 ✭✭✭ScissorPaperRock

I've had an iPod touch for over 2 years an no problems, great little device.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

iPod Touch. All the way.

I'm in love with the one BarleyBooley got me for chrimbo. And I had the first one when it came out. Loved them both. Fantastic devices.

I'm around today if you'd like to take a look at one before making your mind up.

Thank for the offer, but I've to run to work now in about 3 mins. Tomorrow or the next day maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Sure, PM me! :)

• Advertisement

ITT: people who love iPods :D

Organising events makes me not a happy person. Apologies to anyone who seen me running around campus with a scowl on my face and swearing like a motherfunker.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement