Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

ran into a boardsie at the footbridge monday night...tallish, shaved head, delighted in tellin me how he had ran across fielsds.....own up to it;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Fell down the stairs last night. About 5am. Can't really walk. Go Rob!

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭CnaG

Can't walk? Might want to have that looked at, put ice-packs on sprains, etc.

Just out of curiosity, what's the list you posted for?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

Greatest Irish person ever.

Probably not the greatest Irish person ever, but you know...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭Duddy

Mary Robinson FTW:)

Some of the other choices are f**kin mental though, and insulting in some cases!:P

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 5,791 Mod ✭✭✭✭irish_goat

Duddy wrote: »
    Mary Robinson FTW:)

Some of the other choices are f**kin mental though, and insulting in some cases!:P

It's a joke of a list for defs but Mary Robinson? Come on, she was a decent President but can you really say she's been "greatest"? What has she achieved that has really shaped Ireland for the better?

It's hard to really pick someone, all the people who deserve to be on there are there for different reasons but I'd say O'Connell or Hume probably did the most good out of all of them. My only problem with picking Hume is that he wasn't the only crucial factor in bringing peace to Ireland. Same reason I wouldn't pick one of the 1916 leaders over another.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭eevyhayes

just a quick quest..was in the common room today and there was an acoustic thing on for like the whole day. I liked it. Was just wondering is this for a charity or something or is it some society?? was kind of random but brought a nice atmosphere to the place. Maybe this is a stupid question!:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

^It was part of the Samba Festival. I thought it was really nice as well :) CAKE TIEM! I <3 housemates' birthdays.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

*currently in PACR stealth bluetoothing the original pokemon theme song to everyone with an active bluetooth:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Cake! I get cake next week yay!

Is it wrong that during my birthday grump week, I completely forgot there'd be cake?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,705 ✭✭✭Mr Trade In

Sorry if this has been mentioned before,I was in Pugin at 12pm today,I bought some drinks and sat down,I took out my laptop to do some work, 30 seconds later the same person who had just sold me my can of Fanta informed me "No Laptops from 12pm - 2pm,This is a Dining Hall". There were less than 20 people in the place so it couldn't of been for lack of space,I very rarely use it as it gives me the creeps.

That's really odd!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,081 ✭✭✭LeixlipRed

Sorry if this has been mentioned before,I was in Pugin at 12pm today,I bought some drinks and sat down,I took out my laptop to do some work, 30 seconds later the same person who had just sold me my can of Fanta informed me "No Laptops from 12pm - 2pm,This is a Dining Hall". There were less than 20 people in the place so it couldn't of been for lack of space,I very rarely use it as it gives me the creeps.

Ignore them, a few of the women who work there are complete busy-body types. Most of the staff are very pleasant but there's a couple who are just idiots. Between 12 and 1 it's never full. And even at 1 there's always free single seats no matter how busy it is!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 912 ✭✭✭Norrdeth

The priesties must be against laptops in eating establishments!
    I can just imagine, 'This isn't an internet café young lad, go watch youtube somewhere else!' With a pointy finger, poinnty fingerrrr!

irish_goat wrote: »
    It's a joke of a list for defs but Mary Robinson? Come on, she was a decent President but can you really say she's been "greatest"? What has she achieved that has really shaped Ireland for the better?

Fought for Homosexual Law Reform in her lawyer days, fought for the availability of contraception (and as President got to write the bills into law:p)

Improved Anglo-Irish relations by a mile, became High Commissioner for Human Rights, a member of The Elders.

Maybe I'm bias, but she has improved Ireland:D

Duddy, suit up. We're going larping next week. *Puts on cape and wizard hat*

• Registered Users Posts: 25 Walterella

Remember, you're not allowed to be the princess!

YOU'RE BANNED!!

Rozabeez wrote: »
    Duddy, suit up. We're going larping next week. *Puts on cape and wizard hat*

*howls*

I'm having a staff.:pac:

Don't forget to pick up the potato salad...

• Advertisement

Fine, it's either be the princess, or sing some Subo on holidays, you decide...

Or ban you!

Or ban me, but that doesn't take away the fact that you wouldn't be able to do either.

Fine, I'll go with Subo. But I'm not being the troll!

Ok, you can be the princess :)

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭princess_calico

Walterella wrote: »
    Ok, you can be the princess :)

Aw I wanted to be the princess...

I'll let you two debate about that....I don't wanna be stuck in the middle....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

*drowns in posters and blue tack*

I had the shexiest bottle of bulmers earlier. And I can finally get into the sekrit clubs and socs room now :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

banquo may have upset some people I know tonight. I'll say no more of it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

JBoyle4eva wrote: »
    banquo may have upset some people I know tonight. I'll say no more of it

You can't do that James! What did he do?!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement