Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I can haz general discussion?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Jakkass wrote: »
    A thank you is in order for Maynooth LnD, and their speakers Ataxia, and banquo for how the Christian Union debate went tonight!
    Oh no, was that debate on tonight? I thought it was tomorrow night! I really wanted to go to it :( Ah well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

*Lurks*

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭Ataxia

Rozabeez wrote: »
    *Lurks*

A lurker!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

LeixlipRed wrote: »
    Did he persuade you Jesus doesn't exist? ;) You know he's the real messiah right :D

No he didn't. Then again, I don't think I persuaded Ataxia, or banquo that Jesus does exist or at the very least that He is Lord.

Some interesting points came up on the other side, some which were worthy of clarification. So at least something positive was gained from it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

anyone else loving today's "post of the day"?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

jpcarlow wrote: »
    anyone else loving today's "post of the day"?

Ha ha yea. Tis a good one! Funnily enough I was actually reading that one the other day!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,960 ✭✭✭allandanyways

College- you are boring me.

Research can be so fruitless, and I HATE that SFX yoke. Making it look like I might be able to access something and then BAM! "your search returned no results." :mad:

Whoever keeps getting the entire NUIM proxy IP banned from 4chan needs to stop. What the hell am I meant to do when I'm bored? :pac:

I of course do not visit 4chan, I've just heard about this *shifty eyes*

/contradicting self

Also, what would be the general consensus on themed music nights in the SU next year? Mostly involving the alternative genres... Maybe a monthly thing? (No jokes regarding that plz :D) I've had this idea floating around in the oul brain for a while now.

Also, what would be the general consensus on themed music nights in the SU next year? Mostly involving the alternative genres... Maybe a monthly thing? (No jokes regarding that plz :D) I've had this idea floating around in the oul brain for a while now.

I think that would be pretty cool! It's an idea i thought of before. Cheesy 90s was my idea, but it would be good with any kind of genre!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,487 ✭✭✭banquo

A FEE themed night for PrivateEye :D

Stall it to Palmerstown afterwards.

• Advertisement

^ wat

These nights will most likely be a lot of work, you think the fun of organising the 1940s night would have taught me something, but alas. I think it would be good, bitta variety from the shyte we usually get to hear down town. Might as well try and get people back into the SU.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,890 ✭✭✭Effluo

Cheesy 90s was my idea

Isn't it that anyway?
    I think it would be good if they did special drink offers every champions league night, For some of the games there's a really good atmosphere in the place.

And does anyone remember the Italy - Ireland game where they put all the drink prices back to 1990 prices :o
    The SU was great that night

Effluo wrote: »
    Isn't it that anyway?

partly! But i mean a whole night dedicated to it! :D

*Clings to last teenage hour*

I need a drink!

*Clings to last teenage hour*

I need a drink!

45 mins to go! Happy birfday in advance!

Who wants to shut up all these annoying people who have decided that shouting as loud as they can is the best way to help me finish this impossible essay. Why oh why did I ever pick sociology?!

What's it on? I still ask myself that, until I get a module I looove.

"Critically examine the ways in which collective identity and lived experiences are shaped by social structures"

Due in by 5 tomorrow. got nothing written, Don't even know what I should be writing. Tis all a big mess!

For Mary B is it? Wonderful woman tbh! Just stick in some head phones and read everything you can on Identity and place :)

For Mary B is it?

The woman herself! I'll probably sound rude and thick here but where does place come in? What we've been told is more towards take a case study of collective identity and work from there!

Sorry, Sociology really isn't my subject!

I can't quite remember if place comes into it in that module, but there's a lot of work on how the performance of identity is different depending on the place/space.

• Advertisement

Oh right ok. I'll work it out. Thanks a million!

Ha ha Michellenman and Rozabeez! according to Boards Matchmaking We've got amazing compatability! 10 hearts no less! :D

LeixlipRed You're just behind in third! One less heart!

/Edit: Well Looks like things have changed! Rozabeez is in the lead now!

Username Compatibility
    Rozabeez (10)
    Michellenman (9)
    LeixlipRed (8)
    Effluo (4)
    irishconvert (2)
    Norrdeth (2)
    irish_goat (2)
    stevenmu (2)
    Mr_Hat (2)
    Duddy (2)
    Your Text Here (1)

Boards matchmaking?

Jakkass wrote: »
    No he didn't. Then again, I don't think I persuaded Ataxia, or banquo that Jesus does exist or at the very least that He is Lord.

Some interesting points came up on the other side, some which were worthy of clarification. So at least something positive was gained from it.

There was an historical Jesus of Nazareth, no-one seriously disputes that, but it was more likely that he was some kind of revolutionary leader than that he was the Messiah.

Ataxia wrote: »
    Boards matchmaking?

Ha ha yea. See the heart that's appeared in the left box?! Pretty sure it's an april fools joke!

So I clicked the little red heart...
    banquo
    Rozabeez
    allandanyways
    PrivateEye
    Duddy
    funky penguin
    Ginja Ninja
    K4t
    Michellenman
    ohthebaby
    Arcade Panda

Hai guize ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Thwip!

haha, here's mine
    Michellenman
    Effluo
    FunkyPenguin
    K4t
    Rozabeez
    PrivateEye
    Duddy
    YourTextHere
    allandanyways
    leopoldbloom
    ataxia